Wednesday 12 May 2021

SHC - More Brilliant Butterflies ...

... Morning! I'm here with my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Crafts. I've been playing with My Favorite Things More Brilliant Butterflies stamps and dies. I have their first set and when I saw this second set, I just had to have them. I've made several cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies, Anything But Basic Encouragement
Inks: Distress Oxide - Festive Berries, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin; Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies
Accessories; White Card; Lawn Fawn - Gold Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#17 where they want us to use Red and Orange - love these bright, bold colours.


I've cased a stunning card made by Yana Smakula (a member of the MFT design team) and I've linked the video at the bottom so you can see her card. I've skipped the use of an acetate wrap and simply made a white card. I started by stamping a greeting in the centre. Then I made lots of butterflies. 






My process is to die cut lots of butterflies from white card. I use a MISTI to stamp the images on the die cuts. I start by putting a butterfly negative in the MISTI and line up the filigree stamp with the space. I pick up the stamp and then ink with Versamark and heat emboss with either gold or silver embossing powder. Next, I line up the solid wings, pick up the wings, ink with the required colour and stamp. I repeat this process until all the butterflies have been stamped. You can see a few of the butterflies in the last picture.

For this card I used several red and orange butterflies. I used a think strip of very strong adhesive tape down the centre of each butterfly and on two of the larger butterflies I added some dimeensional pads to lift the wings. I trimmed the excess wings from around the card. Inside, I stamped a lovely encouragement verse in black ink and finished by adding another red and orange butterfly. This card has been sent to my aunt who had surgery a few weeks ago to remove a cancerous tumour. She is now cancer free and is working on her recovery. She is one of the strongest women I know, and I can't wait to visit her and give her a big hug! In the meantime, this will have to do.


I had a couple of red and orange butterflies left, so I made another card:


Stamps: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies, Anything But Basic Encouragement
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist; Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies
Accessories; White Card; Lawn Fawn - Gold Embossing Powder; Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Perfectly CAS - PCAS#14 where they want to see Wings on your card and you must only use a 1/3 or less of your card. Oops! I missed the deadline for this one. Oh well, nevermind.


I cut a strip of black card and adhered that to the front of an A6 (US size card) card. I stamped this fabulous sentiment below the strip and used dimensional pads to adhere the butterfly. I do like the simplicity of this card. Inside, I kept is extremely simple with no message but lots of space for my message and one more butterfly.


My final card is another clean, simple card, this time using shades of blue and green ink:


Stamps: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies, Bitty Hugs and Kisses
Inks: Distress Oxide - Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass; Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - More Brilliant Butterflies
Accessories; White Card; Lawn Fawn - Silver Embossing Powder; SU - Black and Granny Apple Green Card

I'm submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#189 where they want us to use up to 1/3 of your card, there is the option of a mythical beast, but I skipped that.


Like the previous card I cut a strip of black card to go along the front of the card, but I added a strip of green card too. I stamped this lovely sentiment - so very appropriate in these times - in black ink. I used dimensional pads to adhered the butterfly. Inside the card, I simply added another butterfly and left a large space for my message.

I think these last two cards are going to my kids - Kat at the University of Nottingham, and Ben in Hastings. 

That's all from me for now, but before I go, here's the link to Yana's video showing her lovely card:



See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

I love the colours you've chosen, esp the blue/green so pretty. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Cardsbymaaike said...

Love your butterflies and the colours you've chose, especially the blue green one. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Karen said...

I love those butterflies, and they are just fabulous in red and orange! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love these butterflies, so very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Francesca said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Jane said...

Gorgeous butterflies! They look amazing in both the hot and cool colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nancy said...

Deborah, This is a fabulous CASE of Yanas, as your butterflies are really beautiful! Love the added gold embossing! So happy you joined us at Color Hues and you made the color combo really shine! Thanks for playing and take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...