Thursday 6 May 2021

Happy Birthday ....

..... Morning! Surprise, another post from me this week. I've got a birthday card to share. I made this for my brother-in-law:


Stamps: Visible Image - Ahead of our Time, Happy Birthday
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Visible Image Stencil - Ripples; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#26 - the stencil and birthday stamps are new, and the Ahead of our Time image is old and not used before!! I'm also submitting to Seize the Birthday - STB#213, I'm skipping the Toppings option and just making a birthday card. I'm also playing along with The Paper Players - PP#539 where they want Cards for Boys.



My BIL likes the artist RenĂ© Magritte. Many of Magritte's paintings feature a man wearing a bowler hat, and this image from Ahead of our Time is just perfect for Tim's card. I used my MISTI to stamp the image in black Versafine ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I repeated this twice to make the image as black as possible and to get as much shine as possible. Once cooled, I placed the stencil over the image and inked the design with three shades of teal ink. I finished the front by stamping a simple birthday greeting. On the inside, I cut a piece of white slightly smaller than the note card which is 6¼" x 4½". I stamped the spiral clock face in the centre of the panel using teal inks. I then added the verse from the Happy Birthday stamp set. I like this verse and can see it being used often! I edged the panel with a marker pen and adhered it to the card.


It's okay to share the card today as it was Tim's birthday yesterday!

That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

What a neat image and so cool that you had it in your stash for your BIL! I like the glossiness of the embossing paired with the interlocking rings stencil. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! That image really pops! I LOVE the embossed texture of it. And those rings...how cool are they! What a wonderful card for your BIL! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great combination of layered images for a perfectly CAS card. Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Darnell said...

I don't remember seeing this particular image before, Deborah, and I think it is beyond cool for a masculine card! Adding the stenciling took it to the next level and I love what you did to the inside with that great sediment. Guys usually don't keep cards, but I'll bet Tim is hanging on to this one in his keepsakes! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...