Saturday 15 May 2021

C24C - Christmas Night ....

... Good morning! May is flying by, but it does mean that it's time for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#34. For the next couple of weeks we want your Christmas cards to be about Christmas night. I've focused on Christmas Eve night and here's my first card:


Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Anita's Classic Christmas DP Red/Gold; Kanban Toppers - Carol Singers

I was going through my stash of card and paper last week and came across some Kanban Card Topper sheets that I got from QVC quite some time ago (about 2009). In an effort to use up some of my stash, I went through to see what I could find that fit the theme. I came across a sheet with Carol Singers calling at the house and a sheet with a couple walking towards church. So I decided to use them for my cards.

I cut a piece of gold design paper slightly smaller than my card base and adhered it to the card. I cut out the pieces of the image, trimmed to remove any paper tags and edged the pieces with a marker pen. I used dimensional pads to layer up the dimensional image. I adhered the finished piece to some black card and glued it to the side of the card. I finished the front by added a simple greeting. Inside the card, I cut another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white card I simply stamped a Christmas greeting.


I am pleased how this came out and it really does remind me of Christmas eve nights at my in-laws when the local carol singers came calling. Here's my second card:


Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress - Chipped Sapphire
Accessories: White Card; Anita's Classic Christmas DP Blue; Kanban Toppers - Christmas Morning

The image on this topper is actually going to church in the morning, but I've used Distress ink to darken the sky and suggest dusk and the couple are now walking to a Christmas Eve church service. I used a blue marker to go round the edge of each piece. I adhered some blue design paper to the card, added the dimensional focal image and finished with a simple Christmas greeting. Inside, I used another sheet from the design paper pad for the mat layer and stamped a simple Christmas greeting in black on the white card.


I'm submitting these cards to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#24 where it's anything Christmas goes, and to Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - HLSXMAS#05 where it's anything Christmas goes (and I've skipped the option).


That's all from me for today. Don't forget to visit our blog - Christmas 24 Challenge - to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the design team. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...