Wednesday 26 May 2021

SHC - Starry Birthday ....

Morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I've made a birthday card for an old friend of mine. It's actually her birthday tomorrow, but I'm safe to share it here as she won't see the blog.


Stamps: Stamping Bella - Oddball Frida; Avery Elle - Inside Birthday Greetings; Concord & 9th - Start Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Lovely Lavender; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Sakura - Stardust Pen

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#17 where they want to see Teal and Purple, and also to AAA Birthday - AAAB#25 where the theme is Happy Birthday. The AAAB challenge is 2 years old!


I started by stamping the star background onto my notecard. I used my MISTI and the C&9 jig positioner and stamped the stars in Versamark ink on all four turns. I heat embossed the stars with clear powder. Next I used teal and purple inks to blend a soft, subtle background and reveal the shiny stars. On some scrap white card I stamp the Oddball Frida image in grey ink, removed it from the MISTI and coloured with Copic markers. I returned the image and stamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then fussy cut the image and adhered it to the front of the card with dimensional pads. I added some sparkle to the flowers and hem of her dress with a clear aqua shimmer brush. To finish the front, I stamped a bold birthday greeting in black ink and embossed it with clear powder. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card to 5¼" x 4". I used the small section from the Star turnabout stamp to stamp some lilac stars. I edged the piece of card with soft teal ink and finished by stamping a greeting.


I am pleased to say that you can actually see the shimmer on the flowers in these photos! I'm pleased how they photos turned out as it was so grey and wet on Sunday when I took them!!

Anyway, that's all from me today. I hope you all keep safe. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Oh such a funny card, love the sentiment and your colouring. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards.

Jane said...

That's so lovely. Fab use of colour and I love the image. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...