Wednesday 19 May 2021

SHC - Floral Birthdays ....

..... Good morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've got a couple of floral birthday cards to share with you today. Here's the first:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Buds & Blossoms, Yay for Birthdays; Altenew - Birthday Builder
Inks: Gina K - Peach Bellini, Sweet Corn, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Jelly Bean Green, Passionate Pink, Innocent Pink, Tangerine Twist, Sweet Mango, Slate
Dies: Concord & 9th - Buds & Blossoms
Accessories: White Card; Stickles

I'm submitting this card to Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#257 where they have these gorgeous colours, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#214 and I've used the optional twist to make a bouquet of flowers.


Mum asked me to make her a card for one of her friends - so I thought a floral card would be just right. I die cut several flowers and leaves using the Buds & Blossoms dies from white card. I kept the negative space card and put that in my MISTI, positioned the matching solid images in the space, picked them up with the MISTI door and then put the white diecuts in the space and stamped. Once I'd done the solid images I stamped the outline images.  I worked out where I wanted the flowers and leaves to be on the card, and then stamped the birthday greeting. I adhered the outer flowers and leaves flat to the card and used dimensional pads for the yellow, peach and pink flowers. I finished the front by adding some Stickles glitter to the flowers. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card. I stamped a couple more flowers on the corners and finished by adding a fun birthday greeting. I edged the panel with an aqua marker.


I had a couple of die cut flowers and some leaves leftover, so I made another card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Polka Dot Turnabout Stamp, Buds & Blossoms; Altenew - Birthday Builder
Inks: Memento - Lady Bug; Gina K - Slate
Dies: Altenew - Geo Frames; Concord & 9th - Buds & Blossoms
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#541 where they want to see Polka Dots, and to AAA Cards - AAA#190 where they're celebrating their 7th Birthday.


I started by stamping the polka dot background directly on the card. I used the Polka Dot turnabout stamp and only stamped it once in bright red to match the flower. I used a hexagon die to cut the white panel, to get the black mat layer I simply placed the die on black card, drew round it and cut it out. Makes the perfect size mat. I stamped a simple birthday greeting on the hexagon. I finished by adding the multi-headed flower - this has been layered onto three other die cuts to give dimension and stability. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped a greeting and added the last of my left over flowers and leaves.


That's all from me today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Heather said...

What fun stamps, Deborah! Love them in our colors, they really pop against the white! So playful! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jane said...

Awesome cards! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nancy said...

You have made two wonderful floral cars both inside and out. Your first card is just so pretty with the stickled ends and the different dimensions. As for your second card, I love the simplicity of the design with the polka-dotted background which mimics the flower itself. Two great cards, Deborah. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful cards, Deborah! Thank you so much for playing along with my CAS polka dot challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love those flower images, great design! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of these fun colors and flowers. Made for a fabulous card. Thanks for joining in at seize the birthday challenge

LucieGCards said...

Oh I love this card - such happy vibrant colours! Thanks for playing along in our birthday challenge at AAA Cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...