Wednesday 5 May 2021

SHC - Define Good! ...

.... Morning! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft Blog post. I love making Christmas cards and do them all year round so that I don't have a rush in November and December. So, as it was raining on Bank Holiday Monday (what a surprise!!), I made this card:


Stamps: Stamping Bella - Christmas Tree Oddball
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Glitter; Sakura Stardust Pens; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#93 where it's Anything Christmas Goes. You might know that I'm on the design team for the Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#33 and our current challenge is to use Glitter - I did, lots!!


I started by stamping this super image. I used my MISTI, stamped in grey, removed the image and coloured it with Copic markers. I returned the image to the MISTI and stamped again with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then fussy cut the image. Next, I used my Sakura Stardust glitter pens to colour the baubles on her dress and in her hair. I used a clear aqua shimmer brush to add shimmer to her parcel shoes and the star on her head. I adhered three thin stripes of sticky tape to the bottom of the card and poured iridescent glitter over them. I burnished the glitter in place and finished the front by stamping the sentiment that comes with the image. It's fun. I used dimensional pads to adhered the image. I love the simplicity of the card and all the lovely sparkle. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the A2 card. I stamped a merry Christmas message in black ink and edged the panel with a green marker, and called it done!


That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Lynda said...

A fabulous card - great colours and colouring - loving the sparkle too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...