Sunday 16 May 2021

Happy Anniversary ....

... Morning! I'm here with a quick post today to share an anniversary card that my mum asked me to make for her. Friends of hers will be celebrating their Ruby Wedding anniversary soon, so I had fun making the card for mum. 


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Heart Turnabout; MFT - Birthday Sentiments, Essential Sentiments, Journal It - Pocket Calculator; Lawn Fawn - Milo's ABCs; Visible Image - Follow Your Heart
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Soft Stone; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Hero Arts - Unicorn
Dies: Concord & 9th - Heartstrings
Accessories: White & Black Card; Red Satin Mirri Card; Holographic Heart Card; White Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#05 and to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#26 - I've had the Heatstrings die for ages, but this is the first time it's been out to play!!


As it's a Ruby anniversary I had to use red, and I combined the red with grey and black (sadly I missed the deadline for Paper Players - PP#540). I started by cutting a piece of white card 5½" square. I used my MISTI to stamp the Heart turnabout stamp. I stamped the first and third impression with bright red ink and the second and fourth in soft grey which gives a complete background. I edged the panel with a black marker and adhered it to the front of a 5¾" white square card. The heartstring die set consists of three parts - a tiny heart, a solid heart and the heartstrings die which cuts out the string sections. I used the solid heart and heartstrings die to cut out the red satin mirri layer. I used the solid heart to cut out a silver heart holographic layer as well as two white hearts. I adhered the two white hearts together, adhered the silver heart layer on top of them and finished by adding the red heartstring layer on top. Next, I die cut a small black heart onto which I stamped the number 40 in white ink and heat embossed with white powder. I adhered the black number heart on top of the heart panel and glued this to the card. I finished the front by stamping a simple 'happy anniversary' message in black.

Inside the card, I cut a piece of red mirri card for the mat layer. On the white panel, I stamped a beautiful graffiti style heart in soft grey ink. I stamped a scripty 'happy' in black in and a clean, crisp 'anniversary' in red ink.


I'm very pleased how this turned out. And I'm so pleased how the heartstring die looks, I can see it working for a shaker card!! I took a close-up photo of the holographic heart card - it's so pretty in real-life as the shimmer moves:


Jonathan and I travelled down to the University of Nottingham to see Kat yesterday. It was a wet and dull day, but it was great to see Kat. It's the first time that I've been down to see her room since she started last September. She made the place beautiful and so homely. Kat's course has almost finished and she'll be coming back home in three weeks'. The year has flown by. I asked Kat if she'd had a good year despite all the difficulties with Covid and the various restrictions. She said yes, and she's loves her course and she's made some very good friends.

Well, that's all from me for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the concept of this card Deborah as your Mum will I'm sure. It's beautiful.
Faith x

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely ruby anniversary card. I have that turnabout stamp and haven't actually used it very much so thank you for reminding me about it. you have used it to very good effect here. I think the inside of your card is gorgeous too xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Love this. Works so well.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...