Monday 11 March 2024

Starry Birthday

... Good afternoon! It's another dull, dismal day here in Northop Hall, so I've spent the morning making a birthday card for my great-nephew. Here's the card:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Stars Above, Bitty Birthday Wishes, Distressed Patterns; ME - Mixed Wishes Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stars Above; Altenew - Featured Sentiments Dies
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#717 to use green and one other colour - I picked blue. I'm also playing along with AAA Cards - AAA#260 - a sketch, and to AAABirthday - AAAB#59 to use geometrics.




This is for Xander, my great-nephew, who will be 12 years old on Friday. I love making cards for guys and these geometric patterned stars are perfect for guys and tweens! The challenge at JUGS is to use green/lime green/one other colour - I picked blue for a boy. I used my MISTI to stamp the stars onto plain white white, took the card out and coloured the patterns with Copic markers. I returned the images to the MISTI and re-stamped with Versafine Clair black ink - this gives such a dark black line. I then used the matching dies to cut out the stars. I also cut out a number of plain white stars. I stamped a soft grey distressed panel down the side of an A2 white note card and adhered the stars. I adhered some stars flat and layered some stars to give depth. I finished the front with a simple birthday greeting in black ink, and edged the panel with green ink.


For the inside of the card, I cut two pieces of white card. I edged the larger panel with a green marker. On the other white panel I stamped a fun birthday greeting in black ink and stamped a couple more stars, which I coloured with Copic markers.


That's all for today - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's an awesome take on our sketch and also on the geometric theme. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges and the AAA Birthday Challenges, Have you heard of the AAA Colourful Challenge yet? ;-) it's our new sister challenge

kareN stampZ said...

Fab take on the sketch at AAA Cards Deborah. I actually own these stars from MFT and have struggled to use them but wow they look fab with the colour blends, you've reminded me why I bought them! I really like the distressed lines behind the stars, fab subtle details. Thanks for playing and sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun colored stars, and this makes for a great card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS and AAA Birthday

Ina G said...

Fun colourful and creative Deborah. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

ElizStewart said...

Deborah... love those geometric stars and adding the bit of blue is perfect. Your great nephew is bound to love the card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Tristan said...

Fab card Deb. Love the colours and the geometric patterns inside your stars. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

Francesca said...

Beautiful CAS card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...