Monday 22 April 2024

Birthday Hot Air Balloon

... Morning! I hope you've all had an enjoyable weekend. We've had fun - see below, and I've made cards. Today I'm sharing a card that I've made for my brother-in-law, Tim, who has his birthday at the beginning of May. Here's the card:


Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Balloon Tangle; Gina K - Birthday Sparkle, So Many Sentiments
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Tranquil Teal, Tomato Soup; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: D2BA - Hot Air Balloons; Gina K - Birthday Sparkle
Accessories: White Card; Blue Vellum; Simon Hurley Stencil - Polka Dot Assortment; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#632, and Just Us Girls - JUGS#723 where they have a super moodboard.


I started by cutting a piece of card 5" square and stencilled a pattern using the colours from JUGS. I love this type of stencil - there are almost endless possibilities for patterns. I trimmed the panel to size and adhered it to an A2 note card. I used my MISTI to stamp the hot air balloon, removed it from the MISTI, coloured with Copic markers, replaced it and stamped the image again in Versafine Clair black ink. I used the matching die to cut out the balloon.  I stamped the birthday greeting in black ink and cut it out with the matching die. I found some vellum in my stash, cut a mat layer, adhered the stamped images and then added the whole lot to the card.


Inside, I cut the remaining vellum into a mat layer. On the white card I stamped a fun greeting and added a balloon flying off the edge of the card.


As I mentioned above, we had a good time over the weekend. We went for a drive on Saturday; we live in such a pretty area. Then in the evening Jonathan and I watched Oppenheimer - it's an excellent film. I can see why it won so many Oscars. Then on Sunday afternoon, I listened to Taylor Swift's latest album. It's good. My daughter, Kat, will be delighted that we've caught up with it!! Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a fun card, Deborah! I like the dotted background and the fancy balloon. Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls!

Karren said...

Fabulous card! That hot air balloon is just so cheery! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bobby said...

I love how you picked up the colors from the mood board for your wonderful hot air balloon and fun background, Deborah. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...