Sunday 7 April 2024

Birthday Dots

...  Hello, good afternoon. I've had a fun morning in my craft room making birthday cards for my father-in-law. This is the card my Mum is sending to Simon:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Cheer Mini, Stuck on You
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Jelly Bean Green, Tranquil Teal; Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Gina K - Stuck on You
Accessories: White & Black Card; Taylored Expressions Stencil - Big Circles; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Color Throwdown - CTD#787 - love these colours, Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#465 - die cuts and/or stencils, and to The Male Room - TMR#185 - embossing.



I placed the big circles stencil on white card and used blending brushes to add colour to the circles. I trimmed the panel to be slightly smaller than a US A2 size note card. I edged the panel with a dark grey marker and stamped a bold birthday greeting in black ink, which I embossed with clear powder. I added the panel to the front of the note card. I finished the front with a fun die cut cactus, which I'd stamped, coloured with Copic markers, re-stamped and heat embossed with clear powder. 


Inside the card, I cut a piece of black card for the mat layer. On the white panel I stamped a greeting and added another cute cactus.


That's all for today - I'm off to make dinner. We're having duck for a special treat. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun masculine birthday design! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

wienerhoneymooners said...

IN love with this Deborah!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the bold dots in the background and the fun sentiment! Such a fun birthday card! So glad you were able to join us in the challenge at CTD!

Fiona said...

Fun card and perfect as a male card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room .

Inkyfingers said...

I love the colour choice on this fun card, Deborah. The spotty stencil is so gorgeous and I love that the inside looks just as good.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...