Thursday 25 April 2024

Happy Birthday Photographer

... Good afternoon! I'm here to share another birthday card for my hubby, Jonathan. This is the one that I've made for my mum to give him. Jonathan's main hobby is photography and I have a few photography stamp sets which always come out to play for Jonathan's card. Here it is:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Oh, Snap!; Uniko - Simply Said, Simply Said Birthday; There She Goes - Oh Snap; Gina K - Birthday Cheer Mini
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Fresh Asparagus, Ocean Mist, Moonlit Fog
Dies: Concord & 9th - Oh, Snap!; Memory Box - Distressed Windham Collage
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Costal Cabana; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to The Male Room - TMR#185 where they want to see embossing, Color Throwdown - CTD#790, and to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#633.



This is a US A6 card which measures 4½" x 6¼". I cut a piece of aqua card to be slightly smaller than the note card and used a Memory Box die to cut the patterned corners (it's been ages since I used this die). I coloured some scraps of white card with a bright yellow Copic marker and glued them behind the die cut corners. I used Versamark ink to randomly stamp cameras, film, and pins on the card to create a subtle background. I used my MISTI to stamp the Polaroid camera and photo on white card, removed them from the MISTI and coloured with Copic markers. I used the matching dies to cut out the images. I stamped a greeting on the photo along with instructions to 'pull here'. I put the photo through the slot on the camera, and used dimensional pads to adhere it to the card.


For the inside, I cut a mat layer of aqua card. On the white panel I stamped a row of polaroid photos and stamped the word 'click' inside each one. I finished the panel with a bold, black birthday greeting.


That's it for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fun and wonderful card, I'm sure hubby loved it. I'm here with 2 hats on, so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Embossing challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome and unique card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Linda Callahan said...

This is such a fun card! So clever! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Donna3d said...

How fun is this? Both my girls and their friends take polaroids, so I may have to get this set! The colors you used are wonderful too!

Broni said...

Such a fun card, Deborah! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...