Wednesday 22 December 2021

SHC - Happy Birthday ...

.... Morning! This is my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post - and the last one before Christmas!! Today I have a fun birthday card to share with you. My great niece will be 8 years old on Friday and this is the card I made for her.


Stamps: The Greetery - Birthday Blooms, Pinwheel Party
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea; Verafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Altenew - All About Wishes; The Greetery - Pinwheel Party Dies
Accessories: White & Black Card; Altenew - Shattered Cube Stencils; The Greetery - Pinwheel Party Stencils; Doodlebug - Sprinkles Black

I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges - Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge - HLSSC#12 where it's Anything Goes, and Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#65 where it's Anything Goes.


I started by creating the background panel. I used a piece of white card larger than I needed and Stencil 1 from the Shattered Cubes stencil set. I used four inks and simply turned the stencil through 90⁰ each time and this lovely pattern emerged. I cut it down to size and layered it on black card and adhered to the front of a US A6 card (4½" x 6¼"). I used All the Wishes to die cut the word 'birthday' - three black shadow layers and one white script word. I layered them together for dimension and stability. I had a few of the pinwheel die cuts left over from earlier card making sessions, and I decided to add them to the card. I used the co-ordinating stencils to add colour to each pinwheel and to match the background I'd made. I adhered them flat to the front of the card. I stamped the word 'happy' and finished the front by adding the die cut word 'birthday' along with some black enamel dots. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel, I stamped a bold greeting in black ink. I used the pinwheel stencils to lightly ink a few pinwheels behind the greeting.


This card is on it's way to Lexi-Sue, and she should get it in plenty of time for her birthday. That's all from me today. My next Seven Hills Craft post will be in January. So I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful, snazzy, cheery card Deborah.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and New Year.
Faith x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow - what an awesome mixed colored, stenciled background! A very cheerful card. Thanks for joining in HLS Stencil Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...