Friday 13 January 2023

SHC - More Birthday Cards

.... Morning! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. January is a busy month for birthdays - there are ten in total. I spent the weekend making cards for three of them!! Here's the first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Happy Rays Turnabout, All the Birthdays; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthdays
Inks: Versafine Clair - Verdant, Warm Breeze, Paradise, Nocturne; Stampin' Up! - Pineapple Punch
Dies: C&9 - Happy Rays Dies
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Pacific Blue; Silver Holographic Mirri Card

I'm submitting this card to AAA Birthday - AAAB#45 where it's anything birthday goes.


I used my MISTI to stamp the turnabout image in bold, vibrant colours. I used the sunray die, from the co-ordinating die set, to cut the dotty pattern on the image. I then trimmed the panel and layered it on silver holographic card. I adhered the whole piece to the front of an A2 landscape note card. I finished the front by die cutting a circle of blue card and stamping a simple black birthday greeting on it. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card onto which I glued the left-over piece of the turnabout image. I completed the panel by adding a birthday greeting. This card is for our son, Ben, he is 27 years old today!! I can't work out how he got to be 27 so quickly 😊.


My next card is for our niece, who had her birthday last Wednesday:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Kaleidoscope Turnabout, All the Birthdays; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Kaleidoscope Dies
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Petal Pink; Gold Vellum

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#55 - such pretty colours!


I stamped the turnabout image in four shades of pink and used the matching dies to cut out sections. I used the dies to cut out several plain white layers too. I layered each section up to give depth to the finished card. I used the circle dies to cut the gold vellum frame too. I finished the front of the card by stamping a birthday greeting. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer from gold vellum. On the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting. I took a side view photo to show the depth from the layers.



Next is a card for my friend Annette:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Kaleidoscope Turnabout, Yay for Birthdays, All the Birthdays; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Key Lime, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry, Tranquil Teal; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Granny Apple Green

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#46 - this is a site to showcase stash that you've not used before!!


I used cool colours to stamp the Kaleidoscope pattern this time and added a bold birthday greeting right across the centre of the image. I adhered the panel to a green A2 notecard. I cut a piece of white card for the inside, stamped a fun greeting and added some smaller images for decortion.


My final card is for Ben - this one is from his Nanna:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Happy Rays Turnabout, All the Birthdays, Yay for Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango; Stampin' Up! - Pineapple Punch
Dies: C&9 - Happy Rays Dies
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Mango Melody; Gold Vellum

I know the stamp is called happy rays, but they remind me of sunrays, so this time I stamped in bright, sunny colours.  I trimmed the stamped panel to 5" x 3¾", being sure to keep the panel symmetrical, and adhered the panel a gold vellum mat measuring 5¼" x 4". I glued the whole piece to the front of an orange A2 note card. I finished the front by using the matching dies to cut to circles - one in gold vellum and one white. On the white circle I stamped a birthday greeting. For the inside, I cut a piece of white card to 5¼" x 4" and stamped a greeting along with some confetti decoration.


I had so much fun making these cards. I posted them early - just in case they get caught up in the postal backlog. That's all from me for today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Nancy said...

You have a nice set of cards here, Deborah! As for your card for Color Hues...do you know I have never made a turnabout card? I know...gasp! I love how yours turned out. I love the way to did the sentiment in two colors on top of each other. I am going to file that idea away. Thanks for playing along again at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

You're a super pro with the turnabouts, Deborah, and I always love how you follow-through with beautiful insides, too! Your designs and color schemes are bright and festive ~ perfect for birthdays! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! What a great post with so many BEAUTIFUL cards Deborah! Of course I'm a little partial to the card you submitted for the Color Hues Challenge, and the turnabout stamp worked beautifully with the challenge colors!! I bet this card brought LOTS of birthday smiles! Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties with us at the Color Hues Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What rays of sunshine in all your cards Deborah, love the circle too, beautiful colours and of course your inserts.
Hope all is well.
Faith x

Kati said...

Such beautiful cards, Deborah! love the colour selections for each of the cards, cannot even tell which one is my favourite - I really like all of them! :)
Thanks a lot for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge and hope you join us again soon at one of the upcoming challenges!

Tristan said...

Great collection of birthday cards Deb. Love that turnabout stamp and those
blue, yellow and greens on your 1st card. Thanks for joining us at AAA BIrthday this month.colours

Sue - said...

A fabulous collection of cards! I love those turnaround stamps.They make such lovely cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...