Wednesday 18 January 2023

Playful Penguins

.... Hello! It's been a busy day, but I managed to get a couple of hours to play this afternoon and I made a start on my Christmas card stash for this year.


Stamps: Gina K - Playful Penguins, Peace Love & Joy
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark
Dies: Gina K - Playful Penguins
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Smokey Slate, Night of Navy; Pinkfresh DP - December Days; Copic Markers; White Embossing Powder; Pinkfresh - Enamel Dots

I'm playing along with three challenges - Color Throwdown - CTD#726 - navy, grey & white, Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#569, and Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#560 where the theme is 'winter fun'.




I used grey card from my stash to make an A2 landscape top-folding card. I found the text design paper in my stash, trimmed it to size and adhered it to the card. I used my MISTI to stamp the two cute penguins on white card. I took them out, coloured them with Copic markers, returned the image to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink - it gives such a clean, crisp line. I used the matching die to cut out the penguins. I found a strip of navy card onto which I stamped a greeting in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. I added the strip to the card, put the penguins on top and finished by adding three blue enamel dots. For the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I stamped a greeting and verse and added another penguin. I coloured it with Copic markers and restamped - slightly out of register, so the penguin looks very 'happy'!! I edged the card with a blue marker and adhered it to the note card.


I'm so pleased to have finally made a start on this year's Christmas cards. I need about 100 to send out, so a few more to go. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

10 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

How darling they are! I like your script background!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great matching of details Deborah, all making a wonderful card. Love those penguins and the insert too.
Faith x

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE those penguins!! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge this week!!

Nora
CIC DT

Nance said...

Super cute card. Love that penguin duo snuggling together. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Nance, DT, CIC

Revati.p said...

Love the little snowmen ⛄️ Beautiful card project. Thank you for sharing your winter fun with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a great weekend!

Revati, DT Member / CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Revati.p said...

Love the penguins. Beautiful background on your card. Thank you for sharing your winter fun with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a great weekend!

Revati, DT Member / CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Jacquie Southas said...

What a sweet pair! Love how you used the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us this week at FMS.

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card! The penguins are so cute! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lisa H. said...

what sweet little penguins. adore the card. thanks for linking up with us at CTD

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a super sweet Season's greetings card! Those penguins are so cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...