Friday 6 January 2023

SHC - Elegant Birthday

... Hello, Happy New Year!! It's time for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I've made an elegant and simple birthday card:


Stamps: MFT - Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 3; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthday
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocture; Gina K - Pinks
Dies: Altenew - Radial Circles Cover Die
Accessories: White Card; Gold Design Paper; Pink Flower Gem

I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges. The first is AAA Birthday - AAAB#45 where it's Anything Birthday Goes, and the second is Color Hues - CH#55 where the colours are gold and light pink.


I started by cutting a piece of gold design paper slightly smaller than an A2 note card and adhering it to the front of the card. I die cut a piece of white card, removed all the little circles (which I could have kept to use on other products, but didn't!!), and used my pink blending brush to colour the card. I didn't add any additional ink to the brush, just started at the large circle and blended the pink ink to the edges of the panel. I stamped a black birthday greeting in the large circle and adhered the panel to the note card. I finished the front by adding a simple pink flower gem. Inside the card, I cut the gold design paper for a mat layer. On the white panel I stamped a fun birthday greeting and, using the blending brush, added a touch of pink ink around the edges of the panel.


January is a busy month for birthdays in our family - there are nine!! Good thing this card was quite quick to make! That's all from me for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Karen said...

This card is gorgeous! Layering the circle cover die over that gold paper was a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A rich and elegant card Deborah, a lovely use of this die.
Faith x

Vicki Dutcher said...

very pretty with the overlaid gold - Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Nancy said...

This is so shimmery, your recipient might have to put on sunglasses. I love it, Deborah! Thanks for playing at Color Hues and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

How pretty! The gold and pink combo is awesome. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah Happy New Year and all I can say is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at the Color Hues!

cebelica said...

his is beautiful. I like how it sparkles.

Giorgia - Nel mondo di Jo said...

Wonderful! It's a super elegant card! Thank you for participating in an AAA Birthday Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...