Tuesday 9 January 2024

Birthday Boy

.... Hello! I'm here this morning to share the card I've made for our boy, strictly that should be man, Ben. He'll be 28 years old on Saturday and I'm struggling to work out how so many years have gone by so quickly. Here's his card:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, In the Navy
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 1; Altenew - Just a Number
Accessories: White & Navy Card; Waffle Flower - Layered Triangle Stencil; Pale Blue Satin Card; Gem

I'm submitting this card to two challenges. I got the colours from the current Color Hues Challenge - CH#78 - blues are perfect for a guy. I'm also playing along with Darnell's Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#58 - I've had the stencils for a while, but this is the first time I've inked them up - so bad of me.


I used the required pale and navy blue inks on a piece of white card. Once stencilled, I used a dies to cut out the panel and a mat layer of navy card. I adhered the whole lot to the front of an A2 side-opening note card (US size). I die cut the greeting from navy card for the mat layer, pale blue satin card for the top and two white pieces to stack, and then glued them to the card. I lost the little dot for the i, so I used a tiny blue gem.


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of navy card and kept the white panel very simple. I stamped a navy blue greeting and added a verse in pale blue ink. 


It's a beautiful bright and sunny day here in Northop Hall - mind, it's blooming cold. It's perfect weather for my next job, which is a quick trip to the recycling centre to get rid of lots of old cardboard and paper. That's all for now. See you soon. BTW - I'm perfectly safe to share Ben's card here now - he neve looks at my blog!! Kids, eh!!

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a fun and graphic card for your birthday boy Deborah! The hues of blue look fabulous through the stenciled design...love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome card with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge and Happy New Year! Marcia (DT)

Cindy Beach said...

Geometrics + blues = perfection for a masculine card, Deborah! I love that blue satin for the sentiment, it adds just right bit of sheen. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

The blue hues works perfectly for this masculine birthday card! I LOVE it :)
Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues ♥

Izzy Scrap said...

Happy New Year Deborah ! Love your geometric blue card you've done for your son. Kids are like that, mine never looks at my blog either. A like on IG from time to time😁.

Nancy said...

Such a fun masculine card, Deborah! You have stenciled is so perfectly! I too struggle that I have a son who just turned 31! How did that happen? This morning my bones feel as if I have a 31-year-old. LOL Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues.

Darnell said...

I love the cool graphic design you made in shades of blue for Ben's birthday, Deborah! The passage of time is ridiculously fast!! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...