Sunday 14 January 2024

Birthday Cheers

.... Hello again! Somehow, I seem to be managing to make a card a day (well, almost). Today's card is for Shane, my niece's partner, who has his birthday next Saturday:


Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Argyle Stamp; Concord & 9th - All the Birthdays; Apple Blossom - Bubbles & Fizz (free with craft magazine); Gina K - Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Kraft, Key Lime, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax #5; Winnie & Walter - Cheers Cutaway; Apple Blossom - Bubbles & Fizz (free with craft magazine)
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Taylored Expressions - Argyle Layering Stencils; Copics; WF Grip Mat

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#338 where they want us to use something new from our stash; Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#58 - it's in the name, and to Inkspirational - INK#307 where they want us to use 'stencils'.



The somethings new on this card is the argyle background, made with Taylored Expressions stamp and layering stencils - which will come out again soon, and the beer mugs - which I've had for sometime (they came free with a UK crafting magazine), but they are 'new' as this is the first time they've been used. I've also gone back to some older stash - the stitched die from My Favourite Things and the Cheers word from Winnie & Walter (sadly closed). My Waffle Flower grip mat is getting a workout this week, as I used it again to hold the stencils in place while I made this lovely bright background. Once cut out I stamped a simple birthday greeting in black, added the beer mugs which I'd stamped, coloured with Copics and cut out with the matching die. I finished the front with a bold word 'cheers' in green card.


On the white panel inside the card, I simply stamped a birthday greeting in black ink, added the beer mugs in kraft ink and lightly edged the panel with lime green ink. 

I do like the argyle background, it's perfect for a guy card, but I can see it working on so many cards. Anyhow, that's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

WildWitchyNanna said...

Lovely card Debs, super colours
Hugs Buf xx

dj said...

Yep...it is new when it is seeing ink for the first time!! And what a fun new set for a cheers card!! Thanks for playing along with our "Use something new from your stash" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. The blues and brews are a great combo for a guy...way to go nailing the masculine portion of our challenge. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G338

Nonni said...

Wow I really love that background! Such cheerful and happy colors too. Thank you for joining us Inkspirational!

Helen said...

Love this - great colours and a fab bold sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x
DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...