Thursday 25 February 2021

Dancing Queen ....

... Good morning! A friend recently asked me to make a birthday card - the brief was dance, pink, purple, and sparkle. I sent him a few ideas and this is the one he picked to send:


Stamps: Visible Image - Born to Perform; Hero Arts - Cupcakes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Glitter; Sakura Stardust Pens

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#399 where the theme is Any Occasion, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#208 - it's always AG Birthday. 


I stamped the ballerina in Versafine black ink and heat embossed her with clear powder. I placed a mask over her and stamped the middle cupcake. I added a mask to that cupcake and stamped the remaining cakes. I used Copic markers to colour the frosting to match the brief - shades of pink and purple. After colouring the cupcakes I restamped them in Versafine black ink and embossed with clear powder - this gives a lovely crisp image. I added the birthday greeting (which comes from the Cupcakes stamp set). I trimmed the panel to be slightly smaller than the card base, edged it with a pink marker, and adhered it to the card. I used a dark pink Sakura Stardust pen to add some subtle shimmer to the middle cake. I drew a line of pink ink along the embossed line and used a dry paint brush to pull the shimmer out. I finished the front by adding some glitter to the cupcake frosting. On the inside, I cut another piece of white card and stamped the greeting and another cute little cake with a candle. It sparkles too!


That's all for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

TaeEun said...

The silhouette dancer image is beautiful! How lovely that she is celebrating on the sweet cupcakes! Thank you so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

foleysfriend said...

Super fun and creative card. Loving the sparkle and shine you've added to your card. The colorful cupcakes are a great contrast to the ballerina silhouette. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...