Wednesday 27 January 2021

SHC - Magical Day ....

..... Morning! I can't quite believe we've reached the last week of January, this month is flying by!! Anyway, it's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I'm sharing a bold, floral birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Hello Hydrangea, Striped Circle, Birthday Builder
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Memento - Angel Pink
Dies: Altenew - Hello Hydrangea, Featured Sentiments
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - A Touch of Gold; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder 

I'm submitting this card to Festive Friday Challenge - FF#0076. This is a new to me challenge. To take part you have to use at least three items from the inspiration list they provide - I've used flowers, gold, foil paper and red.


I adore hydrangeas and just had to get this new stamp set from Altenew. The flower is BIG - it pretty much covers the front of my 6¼" x 4½" card. I used my MISTI to stamp the flower. I stamped it, removed it from the MISTI, coloured with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I love the clean, crisp finish you get with this technique. I used the matching die to cut out the flower. In my stash I found this super dotty gold foiled paper and used that to cover the card, I edged it with a red marker before attaching it to the card. The sentiment come from Striped Circle. I stamped the two parts in black ink and used a die to cut out the smaller words, and fussy cut out the word 'magical'. On the inside, I used another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white card I stamped the hydrangea in soft pink and added a bold birthday greeting in black.


That's it from me today - thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments, I really do appreciate you taking the time. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Deborah, I love hydrangeas too and this one is gorgeous on the gold and white paper.
Faith x

Melanie Hungerford said...

So pretty, I love the way you colored the flower, and the gold dotted background is very eye catching! Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Beautiful card. The hydrangea is so pretty and you did a lovely coloring job. The gold foil polka dots make the perfect backdrop for the flower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...