Wednesday 6 January 2021

SHC - Shiny Birthday ...

.... Morning. I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Crafts blog post. I did some reorganising over the holiday and found some fun alphabet dies in my stash and decided to make them the focal point of a simple birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - A Splash of Color, Across the Pond
Inks: Hero Arts - Unicorn; Delicata - Shimmery Silver; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - Double Cut Alphabet Dies
Accessories: Stampin' Up! - Black Card; Silver & Holographic card

If you're anything like me, you save all your scraps of card and paper and this card used up lots of my silver and holographic card scraps. I die cut enough letters to make the sentiment 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' - the spare letters are in my stash for later. I used black card to make the card base and laid out the letters, but it look too simple. So I added some fake paint splashes in white to draw the eye to the centre of the card and the greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat of white card onto which I stamped more fake paint splashes, this time in silver, and added a fun greeting on top.


Here's a close-up of the letters where you can really see the different patterns on the holographic card:


I'm submitting this card to the current challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#261 where they want us to use either Black & Silver or Black & Gold. 


That's all for today - we're getting back to a more usual routine. Jonathan's working downstairs in his office, Kat is back at her university work (albeit from home), Mum is going stir crazy in her flat, and me, I'm enjoying staying in and working in my craft room. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

dj said...

I love your take on our sketch!! Great idea to use up scraps this way!! Thanks for joining our "black & silver/gold" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Evi said...

What a idea! Deborah, I love your card.

Jacqueline said...

What a great way to use up scraps - love it - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...