Wednesday 13 January 2021

SHC - Birthday cards ....

... Hello, I'm typing this post in advance (actually on Saturday 9th). It's a glorious day, the sun's shining, the snow's melting and I've been playing in my craft room - as I said perfect!! I'm here with my weekly post for Seven Hills Crafts. I've made a couple of much needed birthday cards for my stash. Here's my first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Snail Mail, Cuddles & Hugs; Altenew - Geo Frames
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Red Velvet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Altenew - Geo Frames
Accessories: White & Black Card; Concord & 9th - Retro Petals Turnabout Stencils Pack

I'm submitting this card to AAA Birthday - AAAB#21 where they want use to use a Stencil Background, to Just Us Girls - JUGS#566 where they want us to use a stencil, and to Color Hues - CH#09.

 

I started by making the stencil background. I used a Concord & 9th turnabout stencil, inking alternate diagonal rows in red and grey, and repeating the process to give a finished panel of diagonal red and grey stripes. I cut the panel to fit the front of an A2 card. I used a die to cut a white rectangle and added a black frame from the matching stamp set. Then I had fun playing with the super Snail Mail stamp set. I used several of the word stamps to build up the message in the rectangle and finished by adding the cute snail. I stamped the snail on white card and fussy cut it out. On the inside, I simply cut a panel of white card, stamped a birthday greeting and added another snail along with a snail trail!


I was having such fun with the Snail Mail stamp set that I decided to decorate the envelope too:


My next card uses the strip of left over stencil background.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Cuddles & Hugs
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Red Velvet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Concord & 9th - Retro Petals Turnabout Stencils Pack

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#22. I've had both the stencil pack and Cuddle & Hugs for a long while, but this is the first time they've been used for cards!! My bad!


I used my MISTI to stamp the big, bold word 'hugs'. I stamped it a couple of times to make sure that the image was really black and crisp. Next, I edged the left over stripe of card with a black marker pen and adhered it flat to the card. I repositioned the card in the MISTI and stamped the word 'hugs' again to make it show on the strip. On the inside, I simply stamped the rest of the greeting and added some softly stencilled petal pattern.


That's all from me today. See you again next week. Keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What fun cards Deborah, love your stencilling. Both cards are lovely.
Faith x

Julie B said...

What a fun design, love the cute snail, great stenciling too.
Thanks for being inspired by our challenge at Color Hues. :)

Karen said...

That's a relatively new stamp to me as well, and I love your interpretation! The stenciled background is just perfect and I love that bold sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Kind said...

Your cards are lovely. I love the colors you chose to use with this great stencil. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Jacqueline said...

Fab cards Deborah - love the big bold sentiments - Jacqueline xx

Pip Lewer said...

Glad to see you breaking out your NBUS...I’ve got plenty of that too!. Love the simplicity of your design. Thanks for playing along with this month’s theme at AAA Birthday.

Jane said...

Such a vibrant and striking use of colour Deborah. Love the contemporary funky look. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Darnell said...

I love your cards and envie, Deborah! Your stenciling is great and I love how you immediately made a twofer with the snippet! Thank you for sharing with everyone on NBUS! Take care and keep safe. Hugs, Darnell

mugdha gujarathi said...

Such a Wonderful card! Love the design. Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...