Thursday 14 January 2021

Speedy Recovery ....

... Good morning! I really should make sure I have enough get well/speedy recovery cards in my stash. My great-nephew was born with club feet and had to have surgery yesterday to fix them. I made this card specially for him - I think it's cute and I think he'll find it's funny:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - On the Mend
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer

I'm submitting this card to Color Throwdown - CTD#625 (love these bold, bright colours), Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#396 where they want us to make our mark, and to CAS on Friday - CASOF#196 where the theme is Feel Better.


I used my MISTI to stamp the background of cute little plasters in a soft grey. I then stamped several more on white card, coloured them with Copic Markers, put them back in the MISTI and restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully cut them out. I edged each smiley plaster with a black marker pen. I adhered three plasters to the front of the card and added sparkle to each one - which, for a change, you can see in the photo above. I finished the front with a strip of white card, edged it with a black marker and stamped a greeting and adhered flat to the card. On the inside, I cut a panel of white card, edged it with black and stamped another message along with a cute little tortoise.


Nico-Lewis (guess his parents favourite sport 😊) should be going home today (provided there are no problems. He'll have a huge plaster on for at least two weeks, but hopefully after that things will improve a lot. Provided the Covid-19 vaccination programme goes well, we might be able to see him this year!!

I used a spare plaster on the envelope:


That's all from me today. See you all soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! he will love this card after going through so much Deborah, a Super card. Hope his recovery goes well and you DO get to see him soon.
Faith x

Izzy Scrap said...

It's a definitely cute and funny card, Deborah ! Love how you get inspired by these challenges. Absolutely fabulous, love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Susie Moore said...

Your card is precious and should cheer up anyone who is feeling under the weather! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge.

Inkyfingers said...

Happy New Year, Deborah and let's hope it is a good one for all of us. This is such a fun get well card and you have designed it so imaginatively. Love that the inside is so cute too!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, and stay safe.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...