Monday 18 January 2021

Snowy Birthday ....

... Hello! I've got into a bad habit of not making enough cards and then having to rush to make them when I need one. So today, I'm sharing a snowy birthday card - I've lots of birthdays in the months from November to February - so this is perfect for my stash.


Stamps: MFT - Simply Snowflakes, Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2, Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Balmy Blue; Gina K - Powder Blue; Memento - Summer Sky, Paris Dusk; Hero Arts - Unicorn
Dies: MFT - Stylish Snowflakes
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Night of Navy, Balmy Blue; Holographic Card; Gem

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#567 (use blues), Fusion - FUSION#0121 (I used the sketch), and Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#262 (where it's Let it Snow).


I randomly stamped some snowflake images on the background using three shades of blue ink. I cut two thin strips of blue card and stamped a birthday greeting in white on the navy strip. I adhered them flat to the card. I finished the front by die-cutting a silver holographic snowflake, adhered it to the blue strips and added a simple blue gem in the centre. I used the sketch from Fusion for the card. On the inside, I cut a panel of blue card for the mat layer and on the white layer added a fun birthday greeting in dark blue, along with several more blue snowflakes.


That was fun! I think I'm going to spend a bit more time today making a few more, much needed, birthday cards for my stash. That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

dj said...

Great combination of sketches! I love the simplicity of our card! Thanks for playing along with our "let it snow" challenge!!

Maria said...

What a fun use of the shades of blue! And I love that sparkly snowflake! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous - I just love snowy birthday cards - Jacqueline xx

Nancy said...

Such a fun birthday card! Love all your different tones of blue and that sparkly snowflake to accentuate the greeting. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Love the die cut snowflake, so delicate and sparkly. The blues certainly work for the stamped elements as does the sentiment strip.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz and Color Hues. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...