Saturday 23 January 2021

A Twofer Flowers ....

... Good evening! It's been a bit of a day here in Northop Hall. I woke early to see falling snow - not too much, but we're really not geared up to handle snow in the UK. I did a quick trip to Tesco for the weekly groceries, and I've spent the rest of the day working in my craft room. I've made a couple of cards for the current Twofer Card Challenge - TCC#34 where Darnell wants to see us use Flowers:


Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Flowers for Mom, Blissful Blossom; MFT - Whimsical Greeting
Inks: Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Dare 2B Artzy - Joyful Flowers D42; Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Rectangles #5
Accessories: White & Black Card; Dare 2B Artzy DP - Fields of Joy; Copic Markers; Sakura Stardust Pens; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm so pleased to play along with the Twofer challenge, I always have good intentions, but run out of time. I've had the D2BA design paper, matching stamps and dies for quite some time and it's the first time I've used them, so I'm going to submit them to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#22. I'm also submitting the cards to Dare 2B Artzy - D2BA#01 where the January challenge is Anything Goes.

I started by making the Mother's Day card. I used the D2BA die to cut out the flower from the design paper. I cut out several flowers. I used a large dotty rectangle die to cut some design paper to cover the card. I cut a couple of plain white rectangles, rounded the corners and on one I stamped the greeting and some outline flowers, on the other I adhered the die cut flower. I adhered them both to the front of the card. On the inside, I cut another piece of the design paper for the mat layer. On the white panel I stamped a lovely greeting and added another of the die cut flowers to the corner. I'm submitting this card to Just Add Ink - JAI#538 as I used their sketch for the layout of the card.


My next card is a clean, simple birthday card. This time I stamped the flower image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine black ink, heat embossed with clear powder and cut it out with the matching die. I added some sparkle to the flower with Sakura Stardust pens. I cut a strip of black card onto which I stamped a birthday greeting in white ink and embossed this with clear powder. On the inside, I kept it simple with a greeting in black and added one of the die cut design paper flowers. I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#402 - I used their colours, and to The Flower Challenge - TFC#52 where they want us to use Embossing (heat or dry).


I had lots of fun making these cards - same materials, but looking so different. Here are large versions of each card.




Before I go, here are all the challenge graphics:






It stopped snowing earlier this afternoon and the sun came out, so some has melted, but it's going to be cold tonight, so I expect it's going to freeze!! Ugh! Oh well, it means I'll play again tomorrow. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Happy Dance said...

These are such cool, unusual, and very intricate flowers, Deborah. I love how each card has such a happy look, and how you've really given those blooms center stage. They are fun and have made me smile this morning. We're getting a bit more snow here today, too, probably with zero chance of any melting for a while! Good thing I have a craft room filled with enough to keep me busy for a while, lol! Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge this month. Stay safe. Bev

Darnell said...

What an amazing stylized tulip image and matching pp! You created two wonderful designs with it, Deborah! I love both layouts with the pp and your fabulous coloring. Your insides would also make great card fronts so your recipients are getting two-cards-in-one! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and take care! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne said...

All of your cards are wonderful!. They have a very bohemian feel to them - love it! THanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Loll said...

Beautiful embossed flower image that makes me think Bohemian tulip. The colours are so bright and cheerful, perfect for a birthday card. Love the black strip to anchor the flower. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the folk art style and pretty colours! Thanks for sharing at CC&S :)

KimB said...

These are both so fun and colourful Deborah. Love how you coloured your flower to match your paper so perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love these cards! The pattern in these flowers and the colours you've used are just wonderful together. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Holly's Handmade Card said...

These are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...