Wednesday 20 January 2021

SHC - Going Dotty ....

.... Hello and good morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've been playing with my new Altenew stamps and dies (I went very slightly mad when the new release came out). I'll start with a card that Kat has nicked to send to her best friend.


Stamps: Altenew - Friends Forever, Dots & Boxes
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Cappucino Delight
Dies: Altenew - Friends Forever
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Copic Markers; Kaisercraft DP - Curiosity; Nuvo - Midas Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#138 where they want to see cards that feature Cocktails, Wine or Coffee; mine's got coffee! What else??


I used kraft card to make the card base. Next I stamped the large dotty grid background using a Kaleidacolor inkpad. I slightly offset the image to the upper right, to give a narrow clear border. Next I stamped the large coffee mug onto white card, I cut it out with the matching die. I stamped the mug band part again on a scrap of design paper, cut it out and adhered it to the mug. I stamped one of straws, the hearts and the outline BFF letters onto white card, used Copics to colour them, and cut them out with the matching dies. I adhered the coffee mug and straw to the left of the card front and added the letters at the bottom. I used a golden tone aquashimmer brush to add sparkle to the hearts and letters. On the inside of the card, I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller then the base. I stamped one of the sentiments from Friends Forever, added another coffee mug, edged the panel with an orange marker and adhered it to the card base.


My next card is a masculine birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Dots & Boxes; Mama Elephant - Birthday Messages
Inks: Memento - Paris Dusk; Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Soft Suede; Gina K - Sandy Beach
Dies: Altenew - Burlap Texture; Concord & 9th - Birthday
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake, Night of Navy; Nuvo - Midas Aquashimmer Brush; Glossy Accents

I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#54 where it's always Anything Goes, and to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#01.



I stamped the dotty grid background in navy on a craft card base. Next, I used the burlap die to cut a navy panel for the centre of the card. I decided not to have any stamping on the front of this card, so I made the greeting with an older Concord & 9th die set. I die cut the words 'Happy Birthday' and the banner several times. I layered up the letters and word to give dimension and adhered them on top of the burlap panel. I added a couple of birthday banners to the top of the card and finished by adding sparkle with a gold shimmer brush. I also added some glossy accents to the word 'birthday'. On the inside, I cut a panel of white card onto which I stamped the dotty background, this time in a soft kraft colour. I finished with a sweet little birthday greeting in navy.


You can actually see the gold shimmer in these photos.

Well, that's all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments, they are always much appreciated. Take care and be safe.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Fab cards Deborah - I do like the coffee cup - it reminds of the old days when you could have a coffee and catch up with friends - Jacqueline xx

Cazro said...

Afabulous BFF card, loving your dotty background. How we miss our lazy days of having a coffee on our shopping trips. Thanks for sharing your work of art with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

Lynda said...

Loving the BFF card - great colours too. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

Dawn Pauley said...

What great cards. I love the Altenew Burlap Die. Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Challenge. Dawn x DTeam

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fab guy card, love all the texture! We sure do appreciate you sharing your art with us at Love to Craft and hope to see you again soon! XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...