Friday 2 June 2017

Uniko - Reminder ...

... Good afternoon! I don't know what's the matter with me at the moment, I'm late again with my reminder card for our challenge at Uniko - USC#41. Our theme this month is to make a MASCULINE CARD WITH THE OPTION OF FATHER'S DAY. As I made a Father's Day card last time, I decided to make a thanks card suitable for a guy:

Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Round in Circles, All Occasion Sentiments #6, Happy Succulents
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Caribbean Sea; Versfine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Contemporary Circles (S4-498)
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black, Bermuda Bay; Clear Embossing Powder


I've used my favourite set for this card - Round in Circles - as I think geometric always works for a masculine card. I had a die cut left over from my The Male Room - TMR#61 challenge on my desk and it works perfectly with the circle stamps. I created my own background paper using the small open circles and an ombre ink pad. I adhered the die cut and then cut away the excess. I attached it flat to the front of a card. I used the distressed circles to create another piece of paper and stamped the word thanks on top and embossed it with clear powder. I then very carefully fussy cut it out and adhered the word to a panel of black card which I shaped to make a banner. I based the layout on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#290. On the inside I cut a mat layer of aqua card and finished the sentiment on the white panel.

Thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThanks sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the Design Team - they are fabulous!! That's all for now.

signature

9 comments:

Jane said...

Loving these colours Deborah! Fab use of Uniko stamps too.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fun and eye-catching design Debs, a wonderful mix of colour and Uniko sets to create this stunning masculine thanks card. Great idea! Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm loving those dies and how you use them, another Super card.
Faith
x

Lindsey said...

Very different diecut! I love it with the circles stamping. Great colour combo too x

Andreja said...

You made such a fantastic male card :-)) I like all your die cuts.

Amy O said...

Fun colors and a fun design! I love geometric shapes for masculine cards too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Great combination of prints and patterns. What fun colors too! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a fun card..love, love the colours you used and how you did the letters..
have a great wknd and happy stamping,
Karen

Beverley said...

LOVE this design! Awesome fussy cutting and loving the colours. Wonderful showcase of Uniko and FAB masculine card. Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...