Wednesday 19 July 2023

Diamond Wedding Anniversary

... Hello!! It's been quite sometime since I last posted on my blog. I've not been making many cards, instead I've been working in my art journals (will share some of them later). However, this week we have two big family celebrations. The second one is my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary - that's a heck of an achievement. We'll be getting together for a family dinner to celebrate. I've made two cards for them, the first is the one from Jonathan and me:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Number of Years; Lil' Inkers - It's Today, Right?
Inks: Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Versafine Clair - Morning Mist
Dies: SU - Large Number Framelits
Accessories: White Card; Tim Holtz Alcohol Card - Silver Sparkle; TH Stencil - Sparkle THS132; Su Design Paper - Granite Grey

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#516 - I've flipped the sketch, and to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#07.


This came together so quickly. I placed the stencil onto the card and brushed on silver shimmer ink (sadly you can't see the shimmer in the photo, but it's pretty!). I trimmed a piece of the silver card to size and adhered it across the card. I die cut the numbers from silver card, and several from white card too. I layered the numbers together to give dimension and adhered them to the card. I finished by adding a simply greeting in grey ink. Inside the card, I cut a piece of design paper slightly smaller than the note card, and on the white card I added a greeting and cute couple. This card measure 6" x 4½".



Next is the card I made for my mum to give to Madeline and Simon, it's also a 6" x 4½" card:


Stamps: Lil' Inkers - It's Today, Right?; Avery Elle - Sentimental Too; Mama Elephant - Easy Sentiments
Inks: Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Versafine Clair - Morning Mist
Dies: SU - Large Number Framelits
Accessories: White Card; SU DP - Granite Grey; TH Alcohol Card - Silver Sparkle; Gina K Stencil - Harvest Flourish; Taylored Expressions - 6 x 6 Masking Stencil - Oval



I placed patterned stencil onto the card and added the oval mask stencil over the top. Then I inked with silvery shimmer ink. I die cut the number from silver and white card, layered them together and adhered them into the oval. I finished the front by adding a bold, simple greeting. Inside the card, I cut some design paper for the mat layer, and on the white panel I created the greeting from two different stamp sets. I like doing this. 


That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What beautiful cards to celebrate this momentous occasion Deborah! Thanks for playing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards Deborah, love the sparkly stencils and lovely design on each. I would love cards like this on my 60th! (In 3 years)
Faith x

foleysfriend said...

The stencil work on the landscape card is so pretty and great for a celebration like a 60th Wedding Anniversary. The dimension you achieved by stacking die cuts is great. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

Michal said...

They're both great! So elegant and beautiful, perfect for celebrating almost-platinum anniversary!! Wishing all of you good health and many more happy and joyful years :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Catie Cuddles said...

Stunning cards and wow what an achievement!

Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...