Friday 5 May 2023

Big Birthday Wishes

... Morning! I mentioned in my last post that April was a busy month for birthdays in the family. Well, it continues into May!! Today is my brother-in-law's birthday, and this is the card I made for Tim:


Stamps: Altenew - Just a Number
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Light Lilac, Turquoise Sea, Tangerine Tango, Red Hot, Light Orchid; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - Big Birthday Wishes
Accessories: White & Black Card; Simon Hurley Stencil - Dazzling Diamonds

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges - The Paper Players - PP#638 where there is a tic-tac-toe grid and I used the diagonal 'bright colours, die cut, birthday'; Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#445 where the theme is to use stencils and dies; and finally to Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - HLSBC#05 where it's anything goes.



I took part in the Stencilled 2 online card class and finally got round to making some cards. For this card I used two of the layers from Dazzling Diamonds. I used the large diamond added colour, shifted positions, added more colour, and shifted again. Next I used the tiny diamond on top with darker inks and ended up with this lovely pattern. I placed the large die cut in the centre of the panel and cut out the greeting, I trimmed the piece to size and layered the panel onto black card and added it to an A2 notecard. Inside the card, I cut a piece of black card for the mat layer. I added a strip of the pattern paper to the edge of the white panel and stamped a birthday greeting.


And the fun thing about this card is that I have left-over letters with the pretty pattern on them. I'll share that card soon. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh wow this is a fabulous card. Love the colours you chose.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Ann Schach said...

What an amazing card, Deborah! The stenciled diamonds are fabulous...WOW! They are the perfect backdrop for the bold sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with The Paper Players this week!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Your brother in law is going to love it! I love the big dies against this gorgeous patterned paper. Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Deborah, you just can't beat a big, bold sentiment! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this card Deborah, great coloured paper in the background. It also gives me an idea for a Nephew. I will definitely case this wonderful card.
Faith x

foleysfriend said...

Great card! Loving the background you created with the stencils. Hoping you were able to use the die cuts for another fun card! Apologies for the late comment. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

foleysfriend said...

What a fun background you created with the stencils. Hope you were able to create a 2nd card with the die cuts. Apologies for the late comment. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours in your fabulous stencilling, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...