Monday 1 May 2023

For Jonathan

... Morning!! Yesterday, I shared the card I made for mum to give to Jonathan. Today, I'm sharing the card I made for Jonathan. I usually make a camera/photo themed card for him as that's his major hobby, but Jonathan loves music too and I had just the stamp in my stash to use:


Stamps: Gina K - Music to my Soul; Avery Elle - Inside Birthday Greetings
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Gina K - Soft Stone
Dies: Gina K - Music to my Soul
Accessories: White Card; Gina K Stencil - Brick Wall; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to The Male Room - TMR#173 - used both dies and stencil, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#260 - the anything goes option.


I've had this stamp set and die for quite a while, but this is the first time I've used them for a card. I got them because I knew it would be brilliant for Jonathan's card. I used my MISTI to stamp the guitar image onto white card, removed it and coloured the image with Copic markers. I used teal as Jonathan's favourite colours are greens and teals. I put the coloured image back into the MISTI, stamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then astamped a small greeting on the guitar and used the co-ordinating die to cut out the image. I placed the brick wall stencil over the front of a white A2 note card and added light grey ink, using a very light hand, to create a stone wall. I used dimensional pads to adhered the image to the note card. Inside the card, I simply added a fun birthday greeting.


I'm happy to report that Jonathan loved his cards. Jonathan spent his birthday having a photoshoot here at home in his studio. Today, we are having a quiet, relaxed day. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Barbara said...

I love making special cards for special people in my life. Ones that you can't buy. Your card just shines with love and I think it will be a great big hit with Jonathan. So glad that you linked up your card with Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Nancy said...

Deborah, I love when I come across a card that is so terrific and unexpected. The sentiment could not be any better. Awesome job and thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with both of my hats on Deborah, this is awesome, I suspect it was received with the love it was given. Beautiful work. Thanks for entering our challenge at The Male Room. Good Luck. Faith DT.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card :-))
Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

Goga said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing at The male Room. Goga

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...