Saturday 18 June 2011

Less is More 20 ...

... challenge number 20 from Less is More is theme based, and the theme is monograms.  Chrissie and Mandi have made really super inspiration cards - and, as I think this is a tough challenge, they are much appreciated.  The definition of monogram is: "a design composed of one or more letters, typically the initials of a name, used as an identifying mark". 

There are already quite a lot of entries, and it's taken me a while to think of what to do.  I've decided to make a card for my wonderful Mum - no particular reason - but just because I can, and because I love her.  So the obvious choice of initial is "M" - the hardest part was to pick the font.  I don't have many letter stamps, so I decided to select a font on the computer, print it off and decorate it!




I selected the very ornate font - Parchment - and printed it at 200 point and in a pale grey.  I used my nesties to cut out the letter.  I used a glue pen to outline and fill in the actual letter and then poured on some lovely pale pink glitter.  The backing mat comes from a stack that I got free with Cardmaking & Papercraft.  It's soft, pretty and feminine and is perfect for my Mum.

Image:  Parchment font - 200pt
Accessories:  Paper - The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady; Glitter - Martha Stewart, Kunzite; card from stash

I took a close up photo to show just how pretty the glitter looks!


I'll have another card for this challenge later this evening - see you then.

27 comments:

Diane said...

Soft and pretty!!

StampingStace said...

Love the glittery effect on the letter, very lovely!
Stace x

Mandi said...

Beautiful monogram Deborah, lovely glittering
Sure your Mum will be chuffed to bits with her card
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the grey swirls with the glittery pink letter - to say you didn't know what to do you've come up trumps! I bet your mum will love it :-D

Diane Louise J said...

Beautiful card, Love your glittered initial.
Diane xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful monogram Deborah. Great glittering too.
Lynne xxx

Dana said...

Pretty! Very feminine.

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Suzilou said...

Very pretty card, love your glittered M and lovely layering :)

Stella said...

I love the glittered initial and all the layers are gorgeous. That orante font used as a background is fabulous; such an elegant addition.
Your mother will love it!

Paula (PEP) said...

Superb combination of computer & crafting skills with this - impressive & inventive.
Paula (PEP)

Beryl K said...

This is beautiful
Beryl x

Susan said...

Deborah, this is just beautiful! Your mom will LOVE it!!
My Card

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card for your mom!! love how you glittered up the m.

Suzi B said...

Lovely card I like the pretty paper. You know since I became a LIMette I've hardly used any of my DP... and like most people I have a mountain of them lol.
Sue x

Kathyk said...

Mum will love it - it's super

Kathyk

Zoe Tant said...

It was worth thinking about Deborah as it's a gorgeous card and I'm sure your mum will appreciate it. Zx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I love the soft colours :o)
Jackie xx

Chrissie said...

I'm sure your mum will love this one Deborah... how nice to make it for her just because you can!
Lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Canonbury creations said...

So pretty Deborah, love the BP!
Val x

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty Deborah....love the glitter.

Anne

jo said...

Lovely card! Love the added glitter :-)

GinaA said...

Hi Debbie, lovely card, the nestablilties shape really complemnets the font, colours are so gentle, its super.

Lynn said...

A lovely, stylish card. The font suits the Country Diary papers perfectly. Lynn x

Jenny said...

A very fancy monogram, love the sparkle too :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful monogram, very pretty!
Helen x

Sandy said...

A beautiful card, love the swirls behind the letter M,
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...