Monday 6 June 2011

Windmill birthday ...

.... I've made this card for my second cousin, Amy, she is 11 years old today.  I find it hard to believe how quickly they grow up these days, but she's not too old for a girly birthday card.  Kathryn, Amy and Laura will be having a tea party this afternoon to celebrate!

The backing papers are from a set of 12" × 12" papers that I got from QVC last year - I can't remember the name of the company - but the set is so pretty.  The papers are double sided, embossed and some have glitter on them.  It's a girly set with fairies, castles, flowers and wonderful soft colours.  I stamped the windmill image onto plain white card and cut out with my nesties.  I then sponged on the sky and ground.  I stamped three more windmills and coloured them in with Promarkers.  One formed the base which I glued to the the sponged mat.  I made a mini decoupage with the other two images - cutting out the windmill blades from one and the central flower from the other.  I added a few gems for sparkle.




Stamps:  Polka Doodle - Garden Neighbours (thanks to my mate Buffy - they came from my mega stamping session on Wednesday last week)
Promarkers:  Satin, Sky Blue, Cool Aqua, Arctic Blue, Sunflower, Magenta, Fuchsia Pink, Apple, Meadow Green, Caramel
Inks:  Distress - Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Spellbinders:  Petit Ovals Lg (S4-138) die # 5; Petit Ovals Sm (S4-140) #5; Petit Scalloped Ovals Lg (S4-139) #5
Accessories:  Card, sentiment tag, gems from stash




In the close-up picture you can just about see the decoupage effect on the windmill blades.  I had such fun making this card - I think these Polka Doodle stamps are such fun - really whimsical!!  Perfect for a girl turning 11 years old!!

That's all for today.  But do drop by tomorrow - I have another card to share with you.  Bye for now.

9 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Deborah, love the windmill and the definition you've given it. Great background too.

Donna x

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, I love the colourful windmill :o)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

That windmill is fabby! I love the whole girly effect of the card too.
Hope you had a nice weekend.
Tara

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the background & the decoupaging - utterly effective & absolutely right for an 11 year old girl - as you say. Hope they have a lovely time.
Paula (PEP)

Jenny said...

very pretty Deborah and the windmill looks great decoupaged :)
Jenny x

Buffy said...

I'm very glad you enjoyed playing with my polka doodles stamps as much as I enjoyed playing with your waltzing mouse stamps.

This card is gorgeous, your did a superb job on the windmill.

Buf xx

Pauline said...

Gorgeous cardDeborah, I love the windmill, your colouring is fab!

Lana said...

Beautiful card! Love the windmill! :)

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous sponging and decoupaging! That windmill is so sweet and whimsical!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...