Saturday 25 June 2011

Guy cards ....

... I've been busy in my craft room this evening.  I suddenly remembered that it's Kim's birthday (Ben's father) on Monday and I hadn't made a card - have now!!  And for good measure I've made another card suitable for a guy to keep in my stash. 

First up is Kim's card - this was based on a Clean & Simple sketch - FTL145 and this week's colour challenge from Colour Q.

Kim loves to go to the races, and I know that he and his wife, Arrianne, were at Ascot last week.  I don't know whether they had a successful visit, but it gave me an idea for Kim's birthday card.   I have to come clean here - I've had a bit of mix up with the colours - instead of Bashful Blue I managed to pick up Baja Breeze - but it still looks good.  Also, I think Brilliant Blue must be an old SU colour, I've substituted Pacific Point.  The picture of the horse was originally framed with gold foil, but it didn't match the colours, so I cut it off - much neater and cleaner in look, and far more appropriate for the colour challenge.

And here's the card - really clean and simple, and just right for Kim.  Sadly, it's going to be a bit late getting to him!  I really must check my calendar more carefully :)




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Back in the Saddle
Ink:  Stampin' Up! - Pacific Point
Card:  Stampin' Up! - Poppy Parade, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Card from stash; Kanban Horse Racing topper PCT8053

The next card was inspired by the Grand Prix qualifying trials which I happened to see on TV this afternoon.  I don't normally watch, but Gareth was keen to see it, so we watched for a bit.  Anyway, when I finished Kim's card, I decided to make another guy card for my stash.  This card was based on the Less is More sketch - a nice challenge this week :)   And on the colours from The Play Date Cafe - PDCC87.














I've pretty much kept to the sketch with- circular images, but it is an A6 card in landscape, which worked better for the size of the circles.  It was only as I started to layout the coloured card that I realised it needed something - so I added some texture to the card, running the different colours through my Bug.  In order to do the whole length of the card, I used my scalpel to cut a slot in the top of the folder.  Works a treat!!




Stamp:  Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings
Ink: Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey
Card:  Stampin' Up! - Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy
Cuttlebug:  Embossing folders - Diamond Plate, Herringbone
Accessories:  Card from stash; Kanban Racing Cars Toppers PCT8063

This morning I told you that we were having a family get together.  Well it was really good fun.  All the children played together in the garden - the sun actually came out!!  We had a lovely lunch and caught up with all the family news and we wished Tracey a Happy Birthday.

And that's all for this evening.  Do check in tomorrow - I've an extra card for the current CR84FN32 challenge to share.  See you then.

32 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a really neat guy, LIM card Deborah!
I'm sure this one will go down well... great take on the sketch too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

great card for a guy and fab idea with the folder! x

Linby said...

What a great guy card, must remember this idea!
Linbyx

Kathyk said...

Great card for a guy

Kathyk

Jo Street said...

It's a great guy's card, I struggle with them! Great images.
JO x

Fiona said...

Fab bloke card, and thanks for the inspiration. My dad loves Grand Prix and I had been wondering what to do for his birthday.

Beryl K said...

Brilliant man card, great images

Beryl x

jimlynn said...

These are just GREAT! Wonderful cards for the guys.
Lynn

Mandi said...

Perfect card for a guy, the design works well eh!
Glad the family had a good time
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Dana said...

This is a perfect card for a guy. Great job!

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Well as you might be able to tell, I'm crazy about anything horsey! I LOVE your first card!

The one from the LIM sketch challenge is great too! ( I spotted your card on the site.) TFS!
P.S.
I'm fond of using old equestrian calendar pages for my envelopes. How come I never though to put the images on my cards?
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

what fun cards you have made! the LIM card is a great masculine one!

Anita Scroggins said...

Great card and use of the colors from the palette. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

Paula Whittaker said...

A fab LIM card for a guy

Jackie said...

Excellent cards :o)
Jackie xx

GinaA said...

Great LIM card Deborah, my men are motor mad as well. The embossed background is perfect and enhances the circles so well, thanks for the tip about splitting the folder to enable you to extend the embossing.

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely superb ideas for those male cards Deborah. I love the embossing on your LiM entry.

Sue said...

just brilliant male cards last one is my favorite Luv Sue x

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for your visit.
FANTASTIC CADS!!great idea about the F1 card, clever Deb!, good job.
A hug from Palma

fatmonica said...

It's a great male card!

Jenny said...

These are great Deborah, love the idea of the race horse on a card. Your LIM card is fab too, very topical with F1 going on at the moment :)
Jenny x

Stella said...

Masculine cards are not my forte but you seem to make them so easy. I do not underestimate the time, attention and effort you put in them but you can always come up with brilliant ideas. And these cards turned out great!
Fabulous job and a great take on the challenges!
Hugs,
Stella

Lynne said...

Brilliant man card Deborah.
Lynne xxx

Suze Bain said...

Wow, TWO masculine cards! Love the embossing on the second one. xx

Susan said...

Cool card! Masculine cards are the most difficult for me...you've aced it!!My Card

Theresa said...

Great LIM card!! I love the embossing and the photos used.

Hazel said...

Brilliant. Hazel x

SmilynStef said...

Love that great race card design ... very fun color story card.

Aileen said...

Super guy cards. Love the racing cars. x

Sarah said...

Really great colours and a fab design for a male card. Sarah at 155

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great, CAS, guy cards, Deborah! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Love your LIM card, so masculine and perfect for a car loving guy:0) The horse card is great too, love them, Gay xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...