Thursday 9 June 2011

Less Is More 18 .....

..... and the challenge this week at Less Is More is a colour challenge, but with a bit of a difference.  Chrissie and Mandi want us to go

MONOCHROME

 
and the definition of that is "in shades of one colour: using or displaying only shades of one colour or black and white".  For the challenge we can choose any colour we like, but we must keep all the shades within our selected spectrum.

I've gone for a very clean and simple card - I've made it for my Mum.  She wants to send a thank you card to her friend Catherine - we were at their Ruby Anniversary party at the weekend.  It was fantastic!  I've gone for some roses in shades of blue and a very simple, but heartfelt, sentiment.  And to get the shades of blue I've used one of my favourite inks - Kaleidacolor - they have six shades of blue in this set - so easy!!!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Join Us; Kanban - All Occasions (QVC TSV kit)
Ink:  Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze

It was a lovely weekend away, but I'm a bit behind on my challenge cards, so I'm going to try and catch up!  However, this morning Mum and I have a treat in store - we're having our hair done. 

I'll be back later - probably with another for the Less is More challenge - I think there are so many options for this week's challenge and I do have a couple of others to do before the deadlines close!  And I'll try to catch up on commenting too.  Have a good day.

15 comments:

Kim S said...

It would not have occurred to me to go blue with those roses but it is simply stunning.

Tara Cardwell said...

Really elegant card - I love the shading. I bought some of those ink pads at the show the other week - not used them yet though but love how they work.
Tara x

Jenny said...

Hi Deborah, love the simplicity of your card and that off the edge stamping :0
Great inkpad for this challenge then.
Jenny x

Sally H said...

Wow! Waht a stunning card!Gorgeous stamps and the colours are beautiful. I have that stamp pad somewhere. I might try and do another corner stamp square with it

Mandi said...

That's a gorgeous rose stamp Deborah. I think we've seen it this wee already
You've done a super card, what a FAB ink pad!
Thank you so much
Div aLIM mandi
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful stamp Deborah and the shades of blue are lovely. xx

Sue - said...

Lovely card and a fab image! Well I have to say that as I used the same one(lol)!

Chrissie said...

Lovely card Deborah. I've never used those multi-shade stamps. The effect here is super!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

That multi-shade ink pad works very well with this stamp and what a great choice of colour too! Vx

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant idea with the Kaleidacolor & it works ever so well with the white & the rose stamped off the page.
Paula (PEP)
Glad you had a good time away.

Susan said...

I do love the blue for the roses! Who knew!! Beautiful image too!
Susan@Keeping in Touch

Sue - said...

Thanks for your comment. Obviously we both have good taste - think this stamp has to be the best in the set!

Shobana said...

Just beautiful! :)

Linby said...

Gorgeous card-love the colour.
Linbyx

Stella said...

Deborah this is breathtaking. Blue is my favorite color and this card makes me stare and sigh. Chic, elegant and a brilliant take on the challenge. Fabulous card; I love it!
XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...