Friday 24 June 2011

Happy Birthday Mona - CR84FN32 ...

... last Sunday saw the start of CR84FN32 - such lovely colours; I made a very bold and bright birthday card and sent birthday wishes to Mona - our brilliant leader!!  Well, today is Mona's actual birthday and my card (below) is on its way, although it's a bit late.  So this one's for you Mona - have a simply wonderful Birthday and best wishes for the coming year.




The layout is based on the Mojo Monday 194 - which sadly I missed - but I liked the layout and thought it would make a really pretty card.  Mona's card uses our lovely colours, but this time I've gone for a softer, more gentle feel.  I stamped a number of different backgrounds and embossed them with Kaleidoscope embossing powder so they have a subtle sparkle.  I made the topper by stamping the heart circle and colouring the hearts with Promarkers, and then adding a simple rosebud.  I know that Mona loves tulips, but I don't have any tulips, so I opted for a pretty yellow rosebud.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Asian Gardens, Faux Fun, Gingham & Co, Pic-Nic Patterns, L'il Buddies, Roses in Bloom
Inks: Versamark; Memento - London Fog; Distress - Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw
Promarkers: Duck Egg, Soft Lime, Lemon, Meadow Green, Apple
Spellbinders:  Standard Circles Lg (S4-114) die # 4; Big Scalloped Circles Lg (S4-249) die # 4
Accessories:  Ribbon, card from stash; Kaleidoscope embossing powder




Check out the inspiration photos - they really are super.  You've still got plenty of time to join in with CR84FN32.


The Mojo Monday sketch I used is here - shame I missed this one!




That's all for now - I'll be back later with some cards to share!  See you then.

8 comments:

Cassandra said...

It is a pity you missed that Mojo Monday because I love how you interpreted it. And they are just stunning colours together.

Paula (PEP) said...

This is really lovely & I'm so taken with your stamped background ideas that I see. The colouring of that rose is lovely.
Paula (PEP)

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, this is just a LOVELY card! LOVE the layout and your rose and hearts are WONDERFUL! A real BEAUTY!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely thought! Those strips of papers look beautiful together.

Mona Pendleton said...

Another beautiful card Deb! You did an amazing job coloring that pretty WM Rose! Thank you so very much for the Happy Birthday shout out :)

Kelly Latevola said...

Deb this is beautiful! I love the soft colors and the multiple background strips are just lovely :)

Stella said...

Deb this is gorgeous! Moan will love it!
Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect birthday card! Love the soft colors. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...