Friday 10 June 2011

Halloween special ...

..... is my last card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  Edna's sketch has endless possibilities and I woke up this morning knowing that I had to play with these stamps - they haven't seen ink since I bought them!!



I used traditional holiday colours and the images have been stamped and clear embossed to give them a lovely shine.  The little black mat squares have a suitably Gothic look and I just had to add Wanda to the sentiment!!  So it might be a bit early - but Happy Halloween!!!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Midnight Feast, Wanda's Pantry, Gingham & Co
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) die #2
Accessories:  Card from stash

I'm keeping this a brief post as I've got to get dinner sorted out and then get ready for Scouts this evening.  I'm not going to be much fun - I've spent this afternoon at the doctors - I've managed to either badly sprain or tear some of the ligaments around my left knee!!  As you can imagine it hurts to walk, stand and drive!!  And there's no chance of me not doing any of these things!!  Fortunately, I'm going to have some physio next week and that should help.  No idea how I did it!!

That's all for now - I'll be checking in early tomorrow to find out what Chrissie and Mandi have in store for us this week at Less is More.  See you there!

6 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love those stamps! They look so effective on the card.
Katie

Lenet said...

That's an early halloween , but i love the card!
thanks fo joining us at WMSC

Paula (PEP) said...

Sorry to hear about your knee - do take care of that & hope the Scouts behaved. Love your use of those nestabilities for the squares & the little witch on the sentiment is a brilliant idea.
Thanks for your lovely comment too.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Deborah, what a nightmare about your knee! It must be so frustrating. I love your halloween card especially the witch on her broomstick!

Niki Estes said...

Great card! I love the halloween sentiments. I need to get this set sometime. Hope you knee gets better soon!

Stella said...

This took my breath away; brilliant use of these stamps. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...