Saturday 4 June 2011

Ruby Anniversary .....

.... I'm sharing a card that I've made for Jim and Catherine, friends of my Mum, who celebrate 40 years of married life this weekend.  Mum used to live next door to Jim and Catherine and they've been really good friends to her and me.  And when Mum had her stroke in January 2009, Catherine was such a help to me - she popped in on Mum most days and phoned to let me know how Mum was getting on. 

It's such a joy and privilege to be invited to share in their celebrations - so I decided to make something special for them both.  As it's their Ruby Anniversary, I opted for a classic red rose.  I used my new Stampin' Up! Fifth Avenue Floral rose stamp, along with my other favourite rose set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I stamped the images onto red card and embossed with clear to define the rose petals.  I added extra depth with Promarkers.  I mounted the roses onto a pale green textured mirri card that was die cut with my nesties.  The sentiment label was made using nesties, distress inks and embossing.  Before adding these elements to the card base, I layered up three different ribbons to act as the focus down the centre of the card.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sweetheart, Roses in Bloom; Stampin' Up! - Fifth Avenue Floral
Inks:  Versamark; Memento - Cottage Ivy; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) die #4; Labels 20 (S5-026) die #3
Accessories:  Promarker, card and ribbons from stash



The detail picture (left) focuses on the rose and backing mirri card - I think you can see that it's a very pale green - looks lovely in real life!!

The picture (right) shows the sentiment label - I made the pale green mat by drawing around the outside of die #3 and then carefully cutting it out - it gives a lovely border!




This week's Less Is More challenges starts today, but as I'm staying at my Mum's - I won't be able to play until next week.  However, I will log on to check out what the challenge is and to see what my fellow LIMettes come up with!!  Have a good day.  Don't forget tomorrow is the new CR84FN challenge, so I'll see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Deborah, what a gorgeous Ruby Anniversary card, I am sure the happy couple will cherish this special creation.

Kim S said...

Absolutely stunning and I cannot believe how well your chose stamps work together! The light green background piece shows the rose off perfectly!

Judy said...

so pretty, I love the colors. Have a great day.
Judy

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful card Deb! I have to make one for a 50th..........very soon!

Loli said...

Hello Deborah, thank you for visiting my blog last week, i'm happy to see you and i feel very good with your comments.
your card is perfect for the friends of your fathers, beautiful, i love your rose stamp, Good work.
a big hug from Palma de Mallorca

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely & classic with those ribbons really adding a touch of elegance.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...