Sunday 12 June 2011

CR84FN31, Part II ....

... I realised after I'd scheduled last week's post, that I'd forgotten to mention something important!  Silly me!!  Starting with CR84FN31 - last Sunday - the CR84FN Design Team is taking things a bit slower.  For the duration of the summer hols, we're doing the challenges on a fortnightly basis, and we'll return to normal weekly challenges from Sunday 4th September. 

However, that doesn't mean I can't share another card with you that I've made using the CR84FN31 colours - the pink, green and neutral scheme is just yummy!  My card features flowers - like last time - but this time the feel is totally different!  And where my dominant colour last time was green - this time I've gone girly with lots of hot pink!!




I used a mask to make the background - I simply laid it over the card base and sprayed my Cosmic Shimmer Mist all over building up the depth of colour gradually.  After removing the mask, I dried the card base to make sure I didn't smudge it!  Next I cut out some backing mat using my nesties.  On a bit of the green paper I also stamped some leaves.  I stamped the flowers using Versamark and Rose Bud and quickly poured on clear embossing powder and heat set it.  In real life the flowers have a lovely shine!  I sprayed them with the Cosmic Shimmer to match the background.  The small mat was sprayed with a green Cosmic Shimmer mist.  Finally, I added a large brad onto which I burnished a greeting!   Kathryn loves this card!!

Stamps:  Dawn Bibby - Daisies
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud
Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) die # 4,  Classic Squares Sm (S4-128) die #5
Accessories:  Cosmic Shimmer Mists - Candy Pink and Meadow Lush; Cosmo Cricket Paper - De Lovely; Creative Expressions Mica Mask - Floral Lace; Hot of the Press - Large Brad and transfer; Card from stash

I know that some of  the DT have made another card this week - so do check out the CR84FN blog to see CR84FN Part II - a bit like a film sequel :)  Participation may vary - depending on who is away on holiday at the time!  You've got plenty of time to play along with the challenge - what are you waiting for?  These colours are just so gorgeous!!  Our inspiration pictures are courtesy of Steve Steinhardt.



I had planned to make some cards yesterday and get them posted.  Instead I ended up tidying my craft room - it was looking like a bomb had hit it!  Now it's looking quite good - I can see the floor again - and find stuff too.  So I plan to spend some time playing today - and I hope to post a card or two later this afternoon.  Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend.  Bye for now.

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, I love the background effect :o)
Jackie xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Love those pretty flowers and the back ground that you created!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Love those pretty flowers and the back ground that you created!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is gorgeous Deborah, love the way you built up the colours, it's beautifully done.

Hugs
Maarit

fatmonica said...

Beautiful card!I love that mask,it never fails!And the frame and flowers are gorgeous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great card. The background is fabulous. I have to try that!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! this is lovely, I love the combination of colours, such a bright cheery card

Jenny said...

Lovely Deborah, great idea to use masks as background. i bet that card shimmers :)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

I like seeing the way you combine different techniques of inking - I don't even possess any ink sprays apart from what I've made up in a couple of mini misters. That's something I am going to have to explore.
I love daisies - anything with a daisy & I'm sunk.
Hope your knee is improving & thanks too for your lovely encouragement; hope you caught up on some sleep.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the masked background, beautiful blossoms!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the masked card base Deb and all the shimmer! The flowers are so PRETTY! FAB card!

Stella said...

Another gorgeous card with these amazing colors. The background makes me sigh...fabulous card!

Cyndie said...

What a fabulous card! I love the combination of patterns and shapes, and your background is awesome! Would you please come over and do my craft room? I CAN'T see the floor!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful blossoms and lovely background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...