Friday 17 June 2011

Waltz along with me ....

.... the last month has simply flown by and it's time for our monthly Blog Waltz with Waltzingmouse Stamps.  The theme this time is "is 4th July/Americana - we're celebrating our cousins in the USA!!" Follow the link above for all the details - it's not too late to join in!




This is my card for the July 4th celebrations.  Some day I'd like to be in the US for Independence Day - it must be such fun!



The blue border is not part of my card - it's just so that I could see the card edge when I scanned it!  I do hope our American friends are not offended by my take on their National Flag - but I thought it was the perfect background for July 4th celebrations!  I used a number of WMS sets in this card - and decided to keep to a colour scheme of blue, red and white - very patriotic!! 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Bitty Banners, Off Beat Backgrounds, Say It Loud
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Night of Navy; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  Nested Lacey Pennants (S5-029) die #1
Accessories:  Chipboard Letters - Colour Connection; Card from stash

Those chipboard letters are the ones I got from Abakhan on Wednesday when my knee collapsed!  So glad I remembered to bring them home with me.  I'd like to say thank you for the very kind comments and best wishes I received.  I am being very careful on my crutches - I have no intention of doing more damage by rushing around!!  My physio is a wonderful - while not completely pain free - my knee is much improved after yesterday's visit.

And now, I'm off to join in the Waltz and see all your lovely cards.

24 comments:

Cassandra said...

Sensational Deb. Love the USA, and who could be offended by this gorgeous take on the flag. I must admit I did struggle with sensibilities abit too.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Deborah this is FANTASTIC! I love everything about it. Perfect for the theme

Happy Waltzing

Ali x

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, Deborah, this is gorgeous. I love how you created the flag and the little banners are so pretty. Glad the knee is less painful today.
Hugs
Carol x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this lively card - just right for July 4th celebrations! Glad to har you're feeling some improvement in that knee.

Antje said...

Oh you used the sewing as stripes - what a creative idea! Love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Deb - I love this. The mock flag with your stars and stitched stripes is fantastic. Love the multicolored sentiment and those lovely designs on the U-S-A. Fantastically creative.

Pauline said...

Fabulous take on the theme Deborah, I love the flag background, and the bitty banners too!

Julia Aston said...

Super design Deborah! love the stitches for the stripes!

Cyndie said...

How cool! I love your creative flag design and the cool banner. Those chipboard letters are a perfect finishing touch!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

FABULOUS!!What a perfect Americana card! Love how you made it look like the flag but also not - so clever!

Robin said...

Great card! Love the way you used the stitching!!
Robin

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the interpretation of the US flag - don't see why any offence should be taken. I especially like those banners.
Paula (PEP)

B said...

Oh what a fun interpretation of the flag! Love the fun sewing and the banner!

Jenny said...

Love your take on the stars n stripes, is that faux or real stitching? It's great. love the patterned letters :)
Jenny x

Cassie_lu said...

lovely card

Stella said...

Stars, stripes and gorgeous chipboard letters. A brilliant idea for this Waltz. And you can never go wrong with a banner :)
Your card is gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

LOVEDY love how you made the flag with the stitched image for the stripes, soooo coool! Love the red, white, and blue banner and the perfectly coordinating multicolored sentiment (say that 5 times fast, hee)! Great job, Deborah!

Laurie Marmon said...

This card is perfect Americana! Love all the different elements found within it. Just right!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the background and the banners are too cute! Great job, Deb!!

Joanne Gilch said...

As an American...no offense taken....this card is wonderful. The different stamps used and the banner...awesome and creative.
Hope your knee mends quickly!!!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my, this is fabulous Deborah! What a brilliant idea to use the stitches from Offbeat Backgrounds as the stripes!! Love it.

Kary said...

Hi Deb, I LOVE your card!! This is so beautifully designed card. Amazing! Great job!! {hugs}

Helen L said...

Love how you made the flag out of the stars and the stitching lines!!!

Kathy said...

I love your very festive 4th of July card! -I hope that you will be able to join the celebration some year in the US --the fireworks all over the country from big cities to small towns are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...