Thursday 16 June 2011

Sunshine doily ...

... the One Layer Wednesday challenge is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity this week.  Susan has gone for a colour challenge this week - very bright, zesty colours - yellow, orange and aqua - just gorgeous! 

My card for this challenge is for a friend's birthday.  Lena is the Beaver Scout Leader in our village; she's been doing it for years, and I met her through the Group.  She's a wonderful lady - full of fun and these colours remind me of her - bright, cheerful, happy and a good mate!   So I've gone for a sunshine doily rising to send her birthday wishes!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Lg, Dainty Doilies Sm; Personal Impressions - Wording stamps (PICS066) by Paula Pascual
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Tuquoise

I'm sorry, but I've had to scan the card as I'm not able to take photos at the moment.  Very hard to balance on crutches and take a photo without (a) falling over or (b) blurred photo!   

So far I'm managing to get around okay on the crutches, but I have to remember not to put weight on my left leg.  And it's so frustrating - I'm not ill, just not able to move about easily!!  I have to plan my crafting very carefully as the computer is upstairs in our office and my craft room is downstairs.  And it's hard to carry thing up and down stairs - so glad that my handbag goes over my head!!   

That's all for now.  I hope to be back later this evening to share another card with you.  See you later.

18 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

take it steady - don't try juggling whilst walking upstairs on your crutches!
;-)
Tara

Paula (PEP) said...

Now please don't take any risks whilst moving between floors & try not to go up & down the stairs too many times - I understand your frustration but please please make sure you don't have a mishap. I can hear your determination to carry on & know myself only too well in similar circumstances.
Love the bright colours of this - I think colour challenges, One Layers & CAS are your thing!
Much love
Paula (PEP)

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful doily. The colors well together. This is happy card!

Rosemary said...

love how you used the doily stamps on your lovely card! please be careful on those crutches!!

Buffy said...

Fab bright colours. It's lovely, I'm sure she'll love it.
If you need a hand, I'm only a phone call away.
Job flopped, so "I'm free"

Buffy xx

Julia Aston said...

Goodness Deborah! I hope they are able to help you with your knee injury! Sounds terribly painful! be sure to stay off it as much as possible!

Your doily stamping is so pretty in these challenge colors!

G Peplow said...

Oh well done, can't imagine how difficult it must be:{ Your card is brilliant:0) Have to admit I found the colours a very big challenge!!
Wishing you a speedy recovery, hugs Gay xx

Stella said...

I immediately got the picture of you on the stairs with the crutches and your handbag wrapped around you. Poor you; it will be tough to go through the day. It's all very inconvenient. I sincerely hope that you are having less - or even better - no pain.....

And your card? My oh my; a fabulous design and a brilliant use of these gorgeous doily stamps. I love it!

Take care!
X

Jenny said...

Great how versatile the doily stamps are. Lovely card Deborah.
Good job your craft room is downstairs :)
Jenny x

Patrice said...

Love that doily - hope you get off crutches soon!

Susan said...

What on earth did you do to get on crutches! Poor you!!!

I take my photos sitting down...did you peek at my tutorial on how I take my photos? You'll understand it then.

LOVE this card...so bright and fun! I almost think I would have put the sentiment down closer to the doily on the bottom right, but that's probably my OCD talking! LOL!

My Card

Pauline said...

What a great way to use doilies. Loved the card. Hope you get back on your feet soon. Take care of yourself.

Lisa A. said...

Love your colored doiley!! What wonderful birthday card for your friend...she sounds like an amazing woman:)!!

Janetcraft said...

Wow...what a lovely dolly...I just love this one...
And thanks for having lovely comments...in my blog and pls do come back for more...the CR84FN colors are inspiring!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous card you've made using these fab colours!

Shobana said...

Lovely lovely! :)
Hope you are feeling better now and that life on two legs is not so bad! Take care! :)

Susan Raihala said...

Take care of that leg! Frustrating, yes, but look at it this way...you can't carry loads of laundry up and down the stairs. That's a good thing!

Your card is fabulous! I never would have thought to use a doily for these colors, and you've pulled it off PERFECTLY!!!!!!

Janelle said...

Love that brightly colored doily! Gorgeous card... I bet your friend will love it! Take care of yourself -- no craziness on the stairs! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...