Monday 27 June 2011

Edgy star ....

.... good morning fellow LIMettes - I've had another go with the sketch that Chrissie and Mandi gave us for this week's Less is More challenge.  My card is also for the Get Edgy challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays where they want us to do something fancy with edges.



This idea was running around my mind all yesterday afternoon while I was out in the garden playing - more of that later!  However, it's turned out a bit different from my original idea.  To start with, the card was going to be in portrait mode, but I eneded up being faithful to the sketch.  For the edges part of the challenge - I had in mind some nice punches. 



As you can see - it's landscape and has torn edges - so a bit different to my original plan.  However, I'm pleased with it.  I made the mat from Coredination card - I ran it through my Bug using a pretty star folder and then sanded the embossing to reveal the core.  I roughly tore the edges to make the panel the size I wanted.  I don't often do this technique - I like clean, sharp edges!!  The stars were stamped in Versamark and then embossed with detail silver.  I used bleach to take out some of the colour in the card - you can see that most clearly in the purple and red stars.  Then I added sparkle to some of the bleached areas with Stardust pens.  Finally, a simple, but bold sentiment. 

Stamps:  See-D's - You're the Star (#50019)
Ink:  Versarmark; Memento - Tangelo
Accessories:  Card from stash; Silver embossing powder; Cuttlebug embossing folder - Christmas stars

That's all for now.  I'm off to craft class this morning.  If you want to read more about playing in the garden I'll be posting pictures later.  See you soon.

21 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely colours Deborah, and perfect sentiment. Love the sanded effect with your co-ordinations paper.

Pauline said...

Fab card Deborah, I love the effect Coredinations card give, I use it all the time! Love the star stamps too, very pretty.

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautiful stars Deborah and I love the torn edges.

G Peplow said...

Pretty card Deborah, love the watery background, lovely colour, Gay xxx

Debs M said...

ooh i love all the stars, the torn paper and sentiment look great x

Netty said...

This has a seaside feel about it and I love it.

Tara Cardwell said...

Fab card Deborah - I love the different shaped stars and sentiment is great.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oooooooo love the summery feel to your card and the torn coredinations looks fab x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Regina said...

lovely card XO

Chrissie said...

Very summery Deborah! Could just do with a dip.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

The card's the star!

Kathyk

Mandi said...

FAB card Deborah
Love seaside cards as we live by the beach
Thank you very much
Diva LIM
Less is More

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Deb, I really love this. I don't know if you intended it to be so, but it is very beachy to me... the stars remind me of starfish - I really love it. Love what the sanding on the embossing did on the blue - fabulous!

Susan said...

Deborah, this is so "beachy"...love the different stars..and the sentiment is perfect! My Card

Virginia L. said...

What an eye-catching design, Deb! You did a great job with the torn edges! I love that effect here! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Aileen said...

Your card made me think of the sea, the stars being star fish and the torn edge the waves. Lovely card. x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What a lovely beachy card - your color palette is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is full of such interesting aspects & isn't that bleach technique effective? Love the sanding & tearing of the cardstock - I don't manage that very well either!
Thnaks for your thoughtful comment too.
Paula (PEP)

Laura Davis said...

Nice work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

Kryssi said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Brenda Dean said...

Love the distressed look for this card. Perfect for the beach!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...