Sunday 19 June 2011

Father's Day ....


... and both my children asked me to make cards for their Dad.  Ben used to make cards, but he's a bit out of practice, but Kathryn is just being a minx!  She loves to make cards - she's been busy with playing out, going to dance class and, yesterday, she was out at the School Fair.  They both had very definite ideas of what they wanted for Jonathan's cards.

Ben told me that it the card had to have a music theme.  Jonathan loves all things musical - well not classical or opera or musical shows - but most everything else.  So Ben had a look through my stash and found a Kanban sheet which featured the Beatles.  Perfect!  After that, Ben left it up to me.  I used the Stampin' Up! Colour Guide to find some colours that worked together.  I created the background with WMS musical backgrounds stamps.  The topper opens up to reveal a guitar!!  Inside the card, there is a simple sentiment - Happy Father's Day.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Musical Backgrounds;  Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Lg (S4-170) die # 6
Accessories:  Kanban - Apple Beat (PCT9084); Dad label (FOC with magazine); Card from stash


Ben was delighted with this card - and he's signed it.  Jonathan will get the card when he comes back from India - only another six weeks to go.  I know it's bad, but I am wishing the weeks away!!



Anyway, moving to Kathryn's card for her Dad.  She also had very set ideas of what she wanted on the card.  Her Dad is the "best" Dad in the world - so it had to say so!!  Kathryn also had a rummage through my stuff - and she found the Pint Size Heroes set from Waltzingmouse stamps - she fell in love the spaceship.  Which is sort of good - I've not used that one before!   I used a bit of black dotty card for the base.  Onto this I stamped in Versamark some stars - which were embossed with clear powder.  It's special embossing powder - it's supposed to glow in the dark.  It does, but it's very faint and sadly I couldn't get a photo of it.  I stamped and coloured two spaceships, cut them both out and layered them - giving a bit of dimension.  I added the Best Dad sentiment to the front of the card, and on the inside it says "love you, to the moon and back!".  Kathryn loves it!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Pint Size Heroes, Teeny Trees; Anita's - Best Dad
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Promarkers; Personal Impressions - Glow in the Dark embossing powder; Card from stash


You can see the embossed stars in the detail shot here - they really are very pretty.  You can also see the slight depth to the spaceship.

I'm really pleased with this card - I'm sure that Jonathan will love both cards very much indeed.  And tomorrow, when I speak with him (just love Skype) I'll get him to log onto my blog - then he can get his cards on the day!  Albeit, virtually!!



And that's all for today.  I'm going to attempt some ironing this afternoon; I need to get some done.  Hopefully, my knee will continue to hold up okay.  Thanks again for all the kind comments.  Oh yes, before I go, I'd like to welcome a new follower - Hi Pamela - welcome aboard!!  Bye for now - see you all tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

These are great Deborah, love the glow in the dark embossing powder..never knew there was such a thing! I bet it looks awesome in the pot:)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

Fab Father's day cards. Bet he loved them. x

Paula (PEP) said...

Great that both the children had such distinct ideas of what they wanted. You certainly came up with some impressive cards with the briefs you were given.
Hope the knee is improving.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...