Sunday 12 June 2011

Less is More 19 - frames ...

.... the first blog I check on Saturday morning is Less is More.  Since this challenge started in January I think I've only missed the few weeks while I was in India - it's totally addictive and extremely challenging.  It's also one of the most supportive challenge blogs about - lots of helpful hints and tips from Chrissie, Mandi and everyone who plays!  We are on week 2 of the monthly rota and that means a one layer card - I rather like one layer cards, but there is always a twist.  And this time, the twist is that Chrissie and Mandi us to be "in the frame".  The frame can be a doodle, embossed, hand drawn, stamped, painted, which ever technique you fancy - but the main part of the image must be in the frame!

I've got great plans for this challenge and I will be posting more cards during the week, but this is my first card.  I've gone to a set that I've only used a few times - don't know why, it's super.  I went for the resist technique and stamped my image with Versamark and clear embossed it.  Then I took several shades of pink/red and sponged over the image - and like magic the image appears!!  For balance I added a swirly flourish to the bottom and top of the card.  And that's it - done!!



Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo - Boxed Wishes;  Kanban - All Occasions
Inks:  Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door; Versamark
Accessories:  Card and embossing powder from stash

That's all for now - I'm off to get dinner for us all.  It's been a thoroughly miserable day here in North Wales - wall to wall rain!!!  It feels more like Autumn today.  The plus side is that I've done some reading, some more tidying in my craft room (and discovered a few "lost" items) and made one challenge card!  I hope to get back with another later this evening.  See you soon.

30 comments:

Pauline said...

Very nice Deborah, the middle stamp is perfect, and the sentiment is all too true!

Karen M said...

This is lovely, Deborah. What a sweet and gentle card! xx

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely Deborah, beautiful colour and a super sentiment!
Val x

Isabelle Norris said...

I agree with you, this challenge is totally addictive. Your card is beautiful
Thanks for your comment on my blog
isa

Kathyk said...

My name is Kathy and I'm a LIM-aholic too!!! Super card and effect

Kathyk

Anne said...

Such a pretty card, love the pink ink over the Versamark, great effect
Anne
x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Yes a great card, I love it! Pretty pink and swirls, perfect, Gay xx

Suze Bain said...

Like how you've used the stamp Deborah. I have these too, haven't been used in ages but I always colour them. This has given me new inspiration. xx

Zoechaos said...

Another addict here the fact that we are encouraged to visit each other and so many people do is just the icing on the cake.

Love this card and thank you you've just given me an idea! XOXO Zoe

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, this is gorgeous, love the fab pink and gorgeous sentiment.

Donna x

Sally H said...

gorgeous card! Love the colour

Suzilou said...

oooo love this effect, lovely colour as well :)

Beryl K said...

A lovely card and a great effect
Beryl x

Cassandra said...

Love this one Deb. The colour and just the slight flourish on the edge looks great.

Chrissie said...

Looks like you've been having fun with this one Deborah... thanks for your kind words about our blog... your card is great... I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Deborah...this is one fab card! Love the emboss resist look!
My Card

Jenny said...

Love this Deborah, the resist frames are a great idea :)
Mostly rain here today but I think you had it worse...but that's why Wales is so green :)
Jenny x

Jeannie said...

Love how you have made this lovely card!
Jeannie x

Paula (PEP) said...

Wall to wall rain in the Beacons too & I had to work very hard for today's takings in the bookshop. I always like to see your one layers - something I just am incapable of doing. I particularly like the way you have used a framed image & then added your swirls as frames too.
Paula (PEP)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

It's beautiful Deborah! The resist technique really suits the image. Can't wait to see what else you come up with this week!
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Mandi said...

Lovely card Deborah
Great to have you with us week after week
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Diane Louise J said...

Your card is lovely, especially the sentiment. I have never used this technique, but after seeing your lovely card - i must have a go :0)
Thanks for your lovely comments about my card this week.
diane xx

Carol said...

Love this Deborah and the flourishes finish it off perfectly. Carol x

Rosemary said...

what a pretty card! i like the addition of the flourish in the corners

Victoria said...

Beauitful card Deborah. I love this sentiment!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Sarn said...

Ooh lovely Deb! Interesting too! I love it.

Thanks for commenting on my card(s)!

Hugs, Sandra

Kathleen said...

This is a really lovely card, your second entry is nice too but this is my favorite.

Thanks for your comments.

Kath x

Mrs.B said...

Hi, Two great cards, but this pink one is my favourite. Love the stamp you have used.
Avril x

Heather said...

Hi Deborah, fabulous card, such a lovely colour, beautiful sentiment and I love those swirls!!

love
Heather xx

Stella said...

Gorgeous; I love love love that sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...