Tuesday 7 June 2011

Wine mad Dad ...

... when Ben was up with us last week, he asked if I could make him some Father's Day cards.  Ben has to make a card for his father - Kim (with whom he now lives) and one for his step-Dad - Jonathan.  Ben used to make cards, but his interests have changed a bit and decided to ask me to help out.  Any excuse to make a card or two is fine by me.

Kim has recently started a college course on wine making, tasting and all the bits that go along with wine!!  Naturally, the course involves a certain amount of tasting - the fun bit!!  So I used this as the basis for Ben's card to his Dad.

I found an old, and slightly neglected, stamp set by Woodware that featured wine.  I stamped the images using Versamark and added Perfect Pearls to colour them.  I went for a dark red and green - for red and white wine respectively!  For the topper I used an image from a Kanban set which I got from QVC a couple of years ago - I altered it a bit by using my nesties - and then layered it onto a backing paper.




Stamps:  Woodware - Cheers FRCl008;  Stampin' Up! - Everyday Occasions
Spellbinders:  Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) die #3 & 5
Accessories:  Kanban image, Llewellyn-Bowen - Venaissance Papers, Perfect Pearls, Card - from stash

Inside the card I added a simple sentiment to say "Happy Father's Day" - one of my favourite Stampin' Up! stamps.  Again, stamped in Versamark and coloured with Perfect Pearls.  The inside of the card has a subtle shimmer all over it!




That's all for today.  See you tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Great stamped background Deborah, perfect card for a wine lover :)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

I too have some neglected Woodware stamps...... Like your idea of the different colours for the red & white wine too.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Hi Deborah
Great fathers day card - love the stamped background.
Hope I didn't spoil the surprise with my card by blogging it yesterday - I posted it Friday so I really assumed it would have arrived before today! Glad you like it and had a good birthday and weekend.
Tara
x

Buffy said...

Lovely card. Hope your journey went well, speak to you soon
Buf x

Stella said...

After a few very busy weeks it's good to be here again. I also missed your birthday. Although belated....Happy Birthday Deborah. I hope you had a wonderful day and I wish you health and happiness. And eveything you;d wish for ( maybe a few stamps :)...)
I love how this card turned out. Spot on the theme you had in mind and it turned out a gorgeous masculine card!
Hugs,
Stella
XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...