Friday 10 June 2011

Squares for a lad ....

... is another card that I've made for my son.  I think he's wonderful!  It's based on this week's sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse Sketch and on the monochrome challenge at Less Is More.  It's also my entry for the CASE competition at Waltzingmouse Stamps, based on the card Anya Schrier made from the Free Spirit - Boy set.  Yes, the set has fabulous flowers in it!!


I like this sketch - simple, clean with endless possibilities.  It was then simply a case of picking four stamps from the set, four shades of green and stamping!!  Such fun!  I used my nesties to cut the stamped images out - the only way I can guarantee that they are perfect squares.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit - Sentiments, Say It Loud
Inks:  Memento - Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Cottage Ivy, New Sprout
Accessories:  Card from stash


Oh yes, here's Anya's card - I just love those fabulous flowers and the way she's put together this card - it's lovely!!


For full details - check out Anya's blog
I've had a super evening in my craft room working on cards for various challenges and listening to the radio.  This is the first card to share with you, and I'll have another later this afternoon.  See you later.

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

I just tried to leave a comment but got the message conflicting edits when I tried to publish it, I think you were adding Anya's card at the same time... if you now get two comments from me, no matter.
This is lovely Deborah, there's something about squares that I find really satisfying and your card is great.
Thanks so much for another submission.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Tara Cardwell said...

Great CASE card Deborah - I didn't get time to play along this month. I love the colour palette you chose it works really well.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love your take on this card, Deborah!! I also loved Anya's card, she's so talented, I also CASEd one of her projects! Love the tattoo images you used here, perfect for a boy!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jenny said...

Fab CASE Deborah , just love the partial images on the squares. So cool for your lad :)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

Just a case of........if ever that was an understatement.......you certainly made me laugh. It woiuld take me a whole week your 'just a case of". Isn't it good that crafting fits all temperaments? Brilliant.
Paula (PEP)

Mandi said...

Super card Deborah
Love the greens. Perfectly placed and created squares
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely clean lines, they look great! Well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Pauline said...

Lovely card for your boy, nice and masculine!

Jean Martin said...

This is lovely Deb! Well done! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your framed images in green Deb!! And the itty bitty sentiment in the bottom corner is just the sweetest!! Beautiful card!!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb,
Really nice card. I love the clean lines and the crispness the embossed squares add. The monochromatic colors and the designs are is perfect for the "boys". Love it - you made this one yours!

Julia Aston said...

Great colors and images on this Deborah - love how you placed the sentiments!

Susan said...

Awesome card for your son! LOVE the layout design!
Susan@Keeping in Touch

Kelly S. said...

What a coooool card for your son, Deborah! I love the sleek design and how you placed the sentiment! The matted squares in the darker green make everything POP. It's so manly man but fresh and fun, too!

Stella said...

This is a perfect card for a son. Great choice of stamps and your take on the sketch is amazing. Love it!And I am sure he'll love it too!
XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...