I used the wonderful banner stamps that Claire designed to go with Spellbinders pennants dies. I made them into trees. I stamped each image with Versamark and then used different green embossing powders. Each tree has been edged in different shades of green. The base card was stamped all over with snowflakes. I also made a lovely snowflake to go on the front tree, held together with a green gem brad. Finally, I added a simple greeting in red. So, traditional colours but non-traditional trees!! I've got five layers on this card.
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season, Very Vintage Christmas Set, Vintage Banners, Join Us
Inks: Versamark; Memento - London Fog; Distress - Barndoor; Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi
Spellbinders: Nested Pennants (S5-028) dies # 3 & 4; Lacey Nested Pennants (S4-029) die #3; Snowflake Wonder (S4-085)
Accessories: Heat It Up Embossing powder - Green Tinsel, Verdigris, Moss; Card from stash
Below is a detail shot so that you can more easily see the different colours and textures in the embossing powders. Looks really good in real life.
If you've not found the WMS Christmas Card Challenge, this is a quick summary taken from the forum post:
"Each month I will announce the Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge theme for that month. I encourage you to play along each month for two reasons; 1) you will be far ahead of the game when our next holiday season comes around and 2) there are prizes involved. Yep – I knew that would get your attention.
If you participate in the challenges each month, and upload your creations to the special gallery we have set up for the challenges, you will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the year. There will also be a prize drawing at the halfway point for those who have completed all 6 challenges and posted them in the gallery.
Here are a few basic guidelines for the monthly Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge:
• A new challenge will be issued on the 10th of each month in the Playroom Forum.
• Once you have created your project, upload it to the special WMSCCC gallery
• Each card must contain some Waltzingmouse Stamps’ images, but does not have to be exclusively WMS products to be eligible for prizes
Once you have created your project, upload it to that month's specific WMSCCC gallery
• All projects will be Christmas themed
• You may make as many projects as you like for each challenge, but only ONE is necessary to enter the challenge. We encourage you to make batches of cards since our end goal is to have enough hand-made Christmas cards for each person on our “list”.
• You can play along when and if you want – make it suit your schedule. For example, challenge cards for January may be uploaded anytime before June to be eligible for the “halfway point prize”. The same goes to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE – projects for all twelve months much be uploaded to their appropriate gallery prior to the end of December."
Finally, before I go, I've found a way around the problem with loading images on Blogger. On the Dashboard, there's a line that reader "Blogger in Draft" - it takes you to a newer version of Blogger - and this seems to be working - at least I've managed to add my pictures.
Now, I'm off back to my craft room as I've got to catch up on the Waltzingmouse Christmas challenges - I've still got to do entries for March, April and June!! And for those who are concerned that I might do too much now that I'm mobile again - be assured that the ironing is still in the basket :)) See you later.