Saturday 18 June 2011

St Luke's - mid-month prompt ....

... as the St Luke's Charity Card Challenge is monthly - we thought it might be helpful to provide some mid-month inspiration (and remind you to enter!!).  Our theme this month is "Come fly with me" - and my first card was a hot air balloon with map backing - perfect for a guy.  This card is totally different - it's very girly and has been made for my great-niece, Katie, who is 3.  And, silly me, I completely forgot - so this will be winging its way to her shortly!




As you can see - I found Pegasus!!!  The card was actually quite quick and easy to make.  The backing is some paper that I got free with one of the magazines (can't remember which one) - but it's perfect for the magical feel that I want to have on this card.  The images are from Papermania - they're not mine.  My mate, Buffy, came to stay over half-term and we had a couple of very happy days in my dining rooms borrowing each other's stash!  I've coloured the images with Promarkers and added some sparkle.

Stamps:  Papermania - Midnight Fairytale - Castle and Unicorns
Accessories:  Promarkers - various; Backing papers (Debbie Moore): Number embellishment and card from stash

We have 27 entries so far and there's still plenty of time to join us - we'd love to get to 50 entries this month.  And our winner this month will win a big tin of ribbons and buttons!!  You've got until midday on 30th June!  Oh yes, just to let you know that we'll be having a prize every month from now on!!  Full details of the challenge can be found here.

Now, I'm off to make some cards for this week's Less Is More challenge - see you later!

3 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Love it Deborah! I hoped someone would do Pegasus :-D
Thanks for making a mid-month reminder I'll add your card to the blog :-D

Stella said...

Wow such a gorgeous 'fairytale" card. Your great-niece will ve over the moon when she sees this beauty. It has that touch of softness that goes with a fairy tale theme and a castle. ( Made me think of Snowwhite...)

Paula (PEP) said...

Quite striking & an amazing stamped image - shall have to investigate Papermania.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...