Saturday 11 June 2011

Colour Q thanks ....

... I've made a thank you card as my card for this week's Colour Q challenge - lovely warm, rich colours.  And the layout is based on the sketch from Clean & Simple - FTL143 - for some reason I've not played this challenge for a while, so it's good to be back!




Mum lives in Hampshire, quite a long way from us, so my Uncle and Aunt (her brother and sister-in-law) help out a lot when Mum needs it.  And recently, Mum has needed quite a bit of help.  She's midway through the renovation and remodelling of her home and my Aunt is the Project Manager - a job she's thoroughly enjoying, but takes a lot of time.  Mum had an operation recently on her eye - she didn't react well to the anaesthetic and my Uncle and Aunt were there to look after Mum and take care of things for me.  I've made a card for my Uncle Ian to thank him for all he does, and this one is for my Aunty Sue.  They are a super couple and I love them dearly.




Stamps:  Kanban - All Occasions Set (QVC TSV) - musical background, stylised flowers; Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! card, embossing powder and Martha Stewart punch from my stash

The Kanban stamps were a "Today's Special Value" set from QVC and as soon as I saw them I ordered them.  The rose stamp was one that caught my eye and I used it on my LIM18 card.  There are many stamps in this set that are just fab, but the music background and these stylised flowers seem to be perfect for this layout.  I stamped the music background in Soft Suede and then stamped the flowers in Crumb Cake, which I embossed with clear powder.  I coloured the flowers with Cherry Cobbler - I love the effect with the raised outline visible in the flowers.  I layered the flowers onto a mat of cherry cobbler card, attached the punched borders and attached this to the base card.  Finally I stamped the large sentiment onto a piece of coordinating card and carefully cut around the word, attaching it with dimensional pads!  I'm really pleased with this card.  It was posted yesterday morning, so hopefully, my Aunty Sue will get it today!

Now, it's late and I'm off to bed.  I'll be back in the morning to check in at the Less is More challenge.  See you later.

14 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

A nifty bit of cutting for the sentiment & those colours are astonishing in combination. The music background is lovely & that bordering technique is very interesting. My parents lived in Tadley for a while so Hampshire is familiar territory.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

So sorry I haven't been around this week, life just get's in the way sometimes! You have uploaded some great cards this week and they are all beautiful, but this one is my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so lovely Deb. I just adore the music background and how great the Say it Loud sentiment looks on your project so neatly cut about. A beautiful creation.

Cassandra said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Deborah. It really was a surprise. However I am very impressed by your Colour Q entry. I am really struggling with, what I thought was a magic colour combination. I should have gone for simple and elegant as you have done.

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for to visit my blog, i'm so happy to see you.
Deb...FANTASTIC CARD!!! very beautiful design, perfect balance, i love it.
A hug from Palma Island

Kim S said...

This is truly gorgeous! For a card with so much white space it is truly rich and elegant.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Deborah, this is beautiful! Love those flowers! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Deborah!
THANKS al lot for your sweet comments! And thanks for telling me that I´m a winner! I didn´t recognize that until I saw your comment :-)
You share a fabulous card here - so elegant - love the card design!!
Love your red flowers - perfect entry for Colour Q!
It´s so sweet of you to send your uncle and aunt such lovely cards!
Hope your Mum will be better soon!
Hugs from Austria,
Ulina

Crea Astrid said...

Nice of you have responded to the maps from my blog of the Waltzing Mouse stamps. They are so cute. I see you also increased regularly works with. Very nice.

Greetings Astrid.

Vicky Hayes said...

I haven't played on this challenge for a while either - Life keeps happening! Your interpretation of the sketch is gorgeous. I like that subtle background and that sentiment is a real favourite of mine.

Clare said...

Wonderful card, love the music background and cut out sentiment! Hope your mum is better soon.

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah! hope your mom and family get the remodeling done quickly. Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fab Deb love it

Ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...