Sunday 19 June 2011

CR84FN32 - Birthday wishes to Mona ...

.... I think I've mentioned that there's something special about June - another of the Design Team is celebrating this week - our very own Mona Pendleton.  Have a very Happy Birthday!!

And now to our CR84FN colour challenge - bright, zingy, fresh colours - aqua, green and yellow - just gorgeous!!  Love them.


The inspiration pictures are courtesy of Leslie at A Creative Mint - great photos!!  Scott has come up trumps again with the quote - I so enjoy the creative process when making cards.

I've made a birthday card with these colours - and no, it's not Mona's card - you'll get to see that on the day!!  I wanted to make a card with a yellow "beetle" - you know, the car!!  I think it's a cute car - and I wanted to make the card for a girl!  I stamped the background using aqua and green, then I stamped the cute "beetle" onto white card and cut it out with my oval nesties.  I masked off the car and sponged on the sky and ground.  I used Promarkers to colour the car.  I cut out a beaded oval mat in bright aqua and threaded a yellow ribbon through the holes.  I made a matching, but smaller, beaded oval for the birthday sentiment.  To complete the card I added some lovely textured flowers, with gems, in the challenge colours.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Victorian Frippery, Half Pint Heroes, Say It Loud
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint
Spellbinders:  Beaded Ovals (S4-294) dies #4 and # 2, Classic Ovals (S4-113) ~ 5
Promarkers: Cyan, Canary, Lemon, Blush, Satin, Cool Grey 1 & 3
Accessories:  Petaloo - Flora Doodles; Card and ribbon from stash

Don't forget, as it's summer and we're all very busy with school events and holidays, the CR84FN challenge is now a fortnightly challenge.  So you've got even more time to enter!  For more amazing and inspirational cards don't forget to visit the other DT members:


That's all for now.  I look forward to seeing your creations soon.  Bye for now.

26 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Thank you so much Deborah for the sweet Happy Birthday wishes :) Your card is darling! Love the VW and pretty flower embellishments!

Pauline said...

Sweet card Deborah, I love the frippery background, it's one of my favourite borders ever!! Love the sweet little guy in the card, it makes a really happy card!

G Peplow said...

Good Morning Deborah, Great card, so much fun! I hope you're getting around a little easier, have a lovely day Gay xxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, blue and green is always a winner with me :o)
Jackie xx

Joanne Leddy said...

Adorable card! I love the little flowers you've added. Sorry to hear your knee is giving you troubles! I hope you're feeling better and are a bit more mobile now. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Lana said...

This is very happy card! Love this guy! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Deborah this little guy is so cute...what a fun card!!!

Heather Rogers said...

How stinkin' cute! What a darling image. :)
Hugs~

Marge said...

What a fun birthday card that will totally be enjoyed by its recipient in those great colors!!!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the cute image and the fun design. Sweet card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute BD card, wonderful papers and added embellies!

Sasha said...

Such a cute card, Deborah, and beautifully stamped x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Aren't those "bugs" adorable! Cute card! Makes me wish I could be riding around in a convertible!

Paula (PEP) said...

It's the stamped backgroudn taht caught my eye - lovely & the whole card is so bright & cheerful.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

What a cute car :-) and the stamped background is so well done!
Tara
x

Stella said...

This is such a cutie. That VW looks great and the way you cut it with you dies turns this cute car into a lovely eyecatcher.
Your colors are spot on I am in love with that stunning background. Brilliant use of the Victorian Frippery border!Wow!
XX

Unknown said...

Sweet birthday card, Deb! Love your background, too!

Andrea M said...

Such a cute card Deb! The little bug is fantastic in blue and yellow! Wonderful birthday card!!! Lovely flowers!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautifully stamped background! Love the flower embellishment and that beetle image! So 70's :)

fls said...

This card is just too adorable.

Cyndie said...

Oh, wow, what an awesome card! I love your bright colors and your Fripperie background--looks like the afghans my grandmother used to make!

Shannon White said...

Cute Cute Cute! Just so Cheerful and Adorable! Love it!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Sue Lelli said...

Hi Deb! Finally a computer to type on! Super CUTE b-day card! LOVE the whimsy and the paper and the flowers!

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute stick guy and convertible, deb:) have a great weekend!

Annemieke said...

Great card! Love the stamp.
Have a great week! Annemieke

MTNestor said...

I liked all the bright colors that you used and love the stamp.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...