Wednesday 1 June 2011

OLW56 - Father's Day ...

..... it's time for another One Layer Wednesday card and this week the challenge is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity.  Susan's challenge is for us to make a one layer card for Father's Day.  The card doesn't have to be just for your father - just someone who might be a "father figure" to you.

Sadly, I'm not in touch with my father (far too long and complicated a story) and my step-father died several years ago, and is much missed by me and my Mum.  So this card has been made for my Uncle Ian - my Mum's youngest brother.  It's by way of thanking him for all the help and support he's given me for many years, but more particularly in recent years following my Mum's stroke in 2009.   Here's my card.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud, Large Doily; Inkadinkado (by Dawn Housen) - Pens 93401X
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarker: Sunflower
Accessories:  Card from stash

I love this pen stamp and have had it for several years, but I think it's only the third or fourth time it's seen ink!  However, this does mean that I'm still keeping my resolution of using some of my more neglected (but loved) stamps!!

That's all for this evening.  It's been a really fun day.  If you saw my earlier post, you'll know that Buffy and I have had fun crafting (of course) and the kids have been playing in the garden.  It has actually felt like spring today - so much so that I was able to get some washing dried on the line!!!  Do drop by tomorrow - I have some special to share with you.  Bye for now.

14 comments:

Tiya-B said...

what a wonderful card what great images and sentiment.
Deborah, i love everything you do and this one is fantastic too.

Donna Mosley said...

A very lovely creation Deborah. What a fab image too.

Donna x

Paula (PEP) said...

A quite amazing stamp - & very brave on a single layer with that frame. One Layer is not something I can do - a week of trying left me very tired............ say no more.
Glad you've had a good day.
Paula (PEP)

Brandi said...

Deborah,
Wow! This pen set is wonderful! I can't believe you have only used it a couple of times. Great card!
Brandi

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Deb...this is really outstanding. I love your fountain pens and they make such a great masculine image. It really is a fabulous card.

Susan said...

Deborah, this is a perfect card for a guy! You're very fortunate to have had your uncle in your life. Everyone needs a male role model!
My card is HERE

Pauline said...

This is a fabulous image, and it's fab with that touch of yellow, it really pops!

Susie said...

Awesome card. Love the design.

Jenny said...

oh Deborah I love this card and such a meaningful reason to make it too :)
Jenny x

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic card for your uncle! i can only imagine how much he will appreciate it!

Bonnie said...

I love those pens! What a special card for your uncle!

Jen W. said...

Love this card, Deb! The touch of yellow is just perfect - my kind of CAS card! :)

Lisa A. said...

What cool pen images...great "manly" colors! Your uncle is sure to love it:)!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Super card,,,love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...