Sunday 26 June 2011

CR84FN32 - Love forever ...

.... my extra card for our CR84FN32 colour challenge was made for my brother-in-law, Bert.  Bert asked me earlier this month to make him a special card for Tracey's birthday and to celebrate their anniversary.  I gave Bert the card yesterday - it was rather bittersweet.  He was so pleased with the card, but it hurt too.

It's a large card - 8" × 8" - to celebrate their love.  For the layers I used a lovely pale green textured mirri card and on top of that some really pretty paper from my stash - I made a pretty loopy border with one my Martha Stewart sets.  I die cut a number of hearts - regular and scalloped and layered them up to make the toppers.  The photo of Tracey is the same as the one on her "In Memory" card - it's the best picture I have of Tracey.  Trying to get a picture of Bert was tough - this one is his Facebook picture!!  I've kept the sentiment really simple - Love forever.




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud
Inks:  Distress - Scattered Straw; Stampin' Up! - Soft Suede
Paper:  Papermania - Yellow Ornate Clusters
Spellbinders:  Scalloped Hearts (S4-137); Classic Hearts (S4-136); Big Scalloped Circles Sm (S4-250) die #2
Accessories:  Card, mirri card from stash

Inside the card is a verse that I found on the Web.  It was used as a preface on the Order of Service for the Queen Mother's funeral in 2002, and when I read it I thought it was perfect for this card.  Here's the verse.


She is Gone

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Anon

Don't forget to check out the CR84FN blog - for more inspiration cards.  Here's our colour graphic - you've still got plenty of time to join the fun - these really are gorgeous  colours!



And that's all for now - the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny today, so I'm taking Mum and Kathryn to our local garden centre and we're going to get some plants for my hanging baskets.  See you later.

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Deborah, what a beautiful tribute in memory of your sister. I am sure your BIL will treasure this! Love how you incorporated their photos and all the layered hearts look wonderful!

Vicky Hayes said...

It must have been hard for you to make this card but it has turned out beautifully. The verse you used is very moving too.

Suzanne C said...

Such a sweet tribute to your sister. Lovely design and thought that went into the beautiful card.

Heather Rogers said...

OMGoodness Deborah. I love this verse. It is so true, and exactly how I feel about my mom. This brought me to tears. The card is beautiful. :)
Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card you made for him...the design and love you put into it is wonderful.

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Dear Sister, Deborah, I am sure your brother in law will treasure it.
Kevin xx

Stella said...

Such a beautiful post; I am speechless. You touched my heart....
Love and hugs,
Stella

Buffy said...

Beautiful card and an amazing sentiment.
Buf xx

Cyndie said...

What a sweet and touching card. The silver background is so pretty and nicely highlights the border.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fabulous tribute to your sister Deborah and the sentiment is just perfect!!! Beautiful card.

Paula (PEP) said...

Not an easy one to make. Birthdays etc.... are very hard afterwards.
Paula (PEP)

Sue Lelli said...

Deb this is just too SPECIAL for words! WONDERFUL CARD AND TRIBUTE!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet tribute to your Sis.. I'm sure your BIL will treasure this always.. Hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...